Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
7,542 Posts
To me, it doesn't sound like an alarm as much as a ring/notification tone. I'd unpair your phone from the radio - just to make sure. (And to keep the dealer from pointing fingers.)

If you don't have any ODBII devices plugged in, I'm thinking it may be a bad radio. The various sounds in the Cruze are created by the radio based on signals found on the car's computer bus. This includes things like turn signal clicks, etc.

· Premium Member
7,542 Posts
Do you have OnStar service? I'm not sure how that works, but doesn't it have a phone number attached? I wonder what happens if someone calls your number?

· Premium Member
7,542 Posts
I have an E-prance Mini 0806 dash cam. It must be generating some kind of electrical noise that is being picked up by the speakers. The noise continues even after I shut off the car and turn off the RAP, so it is probably being picked up by the speaker wiring somehow.
It would have to be pretty powerful to get picked up by the speaker wiring. I think it's more likely that it's being picked up by the FOB/TPMS receiver and activating a "undocumented feature".

Going back and listening to the sound, it's not random noise. I think it's activating something intended for the Asian market.

Question: any chance that the unit is using the car's Bluetooth to warn you about something? Perhaps a recording malfunction (corrupted SD card)?

· Premium Member
7,542 Posts
However, the radio turns off when the RAP turns off, so it's hard to see how anything in the OnStar would continue playing through the speakers.
Keep in mind the radio has power all the time - it just turns itself off when the RAP command passes though the buss. You can hit the radio's power button at anytime and it will come on.

Have you checked to see where the sound is coming from? It might have nothing to do with the car. I know looking at dashcam reviews, at least one reviewer looks for units that will warn you if there's a recording malfunction. It's kind of pointless to have a dashcam that can fail silently so that your unprotected when you think everything is OK.

· Premium Member
7,542 Posts
Looking around, that dash cam has lane departure warning and collision warning (although most say it's not very good).

I found at least one other post that someone got an alarm and error message during recording.

At this point, I think the sound is coming from the camera and just echoing off the windsheld. Note that radio off tends to silence ALL sounds from the car. So, if it's coming though with the radio off, then it's not likely to be coming from the car at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.