Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
Check the tracks for obstruction. 9 times out of 10 something is blocking one or both tracks.

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
You'll need a flashlight or better yet, a head lamp to see the tracks.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
My drivers seat would not move. Had a pen fall out my pocket and jammed the track.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Not too complicated, lift the lever, releases the catch in the track then move it back or forth. So what's not happening?

Some possibilities, that lever has a long sheet metal extension on it, if someone bent it up, couldn't release it high enough to release the catch. Also a long rod on this lever that leads to the right side with another tacked on piece of sheet metal to release the catch on that side. Looking tells a lot, catches are spring loaded, broken spring? Ha, just look, flashlight and eyes is all you need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
its the passanger side, and it looks to be in order. the arms go up on both sides, but it just wont' move. I've checked for obstacles, nothing:(

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
The passenger seat forward/back motion is very simple. Using the seat height adjustment to raise the seat all the way. Then while you're looking under from the back of the seat have someone operate the lever in the front of the seat. What do you see happening? It's either a blocked track or a problem with the release catch.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Guess work, bottom handle on left side of the passenger seat pulls, up. If someone pulled up on it too hard, could bend that tin arm that goes back to the release levers. If so, can't raise the handle high enough to release it.

Solution to this problem, bend that arm back down again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts