Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got a 2014 Cruze turbo with the 6 speed manual transmission. I have been noticing lately an intermittent grind when going from 1-2 especially when cold. I still have the stock fluid in, which I believe is crap from what I have read online. I also read the fill specification is no longer good as it was causing the 6th gear bearing to fail. I want to try Amsoil fluid, what do you guys think about it ? Is it fully compatible with the M32 transmission ?

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
From everything I have seen Amsoil works for just about anything. Shouldn't be any type of compatibility issues. Extreme would be the one to pm to help you pick what's needed. There is a topic on this elsewhere already and they have their recommended fluids on there. I can't remember what I put in mine syncromesh

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hey guys, I got a 2014 Cruze turbo with the 6 speed manual transmission. I have been noticing lately an intermittent grind when going from 1-2 especially when cold. I still have the stock fluid in, which I believe is crap from what I have read online. I also read the fill specification is no longer good as it was causing the 6th gear bearing to fail. I want to try Amsoil fluid, what do you guys think about it ? Is it fully compatible with the M32 transmission ?
Any loud whining when slowing down (downshifting) in 2-1?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,983 Posts
I liked the 75w-90 fluid quite a bit. Noticeably improved shift quality when warm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts