Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a program car 2018 with 4K on it in July and I know have 11K. I'm getting used to the new car, having come from the VW TDI (3 diff cars) world for the last decade plus. I also have an old '97 PowerStroke and a Jeep Liberty CRD so I'm familiar with little diesels.

The last week or so I've noticed a shudder/rumble in light throttle, moderate load, at speed situation at approx 1900-2000rpm with cruise control on. Think pulling a long grade on the interstate where the motor is building torque, its not lugging and needing to shift, just digging in. I feel a minor shudder that is driveline related. If I apply more throttle it will pull through and smooth out. It this was an automatic tranny I'd think it was the torque converter slipping from the torque. Though the rpm does not change/rev like if the clutch was slipping.

Anyone experience something similar? DMF Flywheel Issue (I did see a thread) ?? Injector? Unit Bearing/Hub? Motor Mount? Tranny Issue?

I do have the RS package and the stupid low profile 18in tires that seem to broadcast every minor surface change. I don't think its that though :)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
It could be in the process of a DPF filter regen. It's not unusual to get some fluctuating at cruising speed with slight load while a regen is taking place. How many miles do you have?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As stated, the car has 11K on it or 11,000 miles. I bought it with 4,300 showing as a GM program car.

Is there some way in the DIC to see when it is doing a regen or nearing one? I don't have ScanGauge, etc.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Without any scan device, only way to guess at Regen while driving is to see a drop in MPG, about 10MPG or so. Then if you shut off during a Regen, the engine fan will run to . cool down the 1200 degree DPF.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
I had a DMF fail early on mine, but I never noticed it. The dealer picked it up during other work.

Mine does have a shudder. In 1st I call it a wobble and it seems to start after 2500 RPM or so if I'm winding it up to 4000 RPM. I don't notice it much unless I have my hand on the shifter.

What really concerns me is the shudder in 6th. I first noticed that going uphill at 70+ MPH and pushing it for more. At speed and under load it has a pretty good shake that comes and goes with corresponding throttle input. If I nail it down it shakes. It settles down when I ease off.

Not sure how to proceed with that. I can reproduce it on a hill near my house -- 20 minutes from the dealer. Hey, Mr. Service Writer, let's go for a ride. We'll have to do 80 in a 55 for you to see this so hold on tight...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the dealer had it overnight and could not find anything wrong. I will assume it was a regen at this point. At least the issue is on record. If it gets worse I can take it back. It was subtle, no bag of hammers sound or anything like that.

Would a BlueTooth OBD Adapter and my Android phone get me any regen pending, etc info?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Would a BlueTooth OBD Adapter and my Android phone get me any regen pending, etc info?
Yes, you can get the OBD 2 LX or MX adapter (some others also would work), then there is the Torque App, and Snipesy created a plug-in for Torque that can read just about every parameter you can think of, and better yet, it can command some functions, like a Service Regen for the DPF, and reset the DEF level sensor if needed. It's well worth it and not very expensive at all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes, you can get the OBD 2 LX or MX adapter (some others also would work), then there is the Torque App, and Snipesy created a plug-in for Torque that can read just about every parameter you can think of, and better yet, it can command some functions, like a Service Regen for the DPF, and reset the DEF level sensor if needed. It's well worth it and not very expensive at all.
So whats the difference between the LX or MX adapters? Both are under $100 on AMZ? I'm coming from the VW TDI world and have a USB Vag-Com Cable from RossTech so I'm used to having better scanning options. Got a thread with all the particulars for setup? Thanks!! I'd like to see if I did a regen about 1000 miles ago when the issue popped up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.