Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Many Issues, Dealer Wont Help New Cranking Issue..

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Chevy Customer Care 
#1 · (Edited)
2012 Cruze 1LT, 1.4L, Automatic, ~54,000 miles

Backstory, in January of this year (~45,000 miles) I had a leak near my transmission. Had to have a loaner for a week, they dropped my tranny and fixed my leak.

Now, just in the last month I've had a HUGE number of things replaced on my Cruze. I had idle surging big time, then check engine light. Dealer in Phoenix Courtesy Chevrolet (I was on vacation, I HATE this dealership, for MANY reasons, but thats another story) replaced the PCV valve and valve cover. All under warranty. They also told me "when you get back home, have your dealer check because you have a leak" with no other details....

So I take it to my dealer here in Tucson, Watson Chevrolet, a few days later. After a week worth of work I get it back with all this replaced (under warranty, THANK GOD)

-Turbo and all its hoses, housings, etc
-Water Pump
-All 4 pistons, and piston rings
-Intake manifold

Now, my new issue the day I get it back.. I go to start my car sometimes, and it just cranks and cranks and cranks, but does not start. It always starts on try #2 though. This doesn't happen all the time, but its happened about 8-10 times before I took it back a month later. So I take my car back, the dealership keeps it for 3 days then says "We cant get it to act up, its fine." I get my car back out of the shop, it does it twice more THAT DAY. And now another 3-4 times this weekend.

I video taped it doing it twice, which I'll upload and link on this post. I'm taking it back to the dealership with the videos of it not starting... but, any ideas here?? It doesnt seem to be a common issue here. I HATE this car now, its just too unreliable. Every other time I've taken it for an oil change it seems like there is a new problem.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, all battery cables and the battery were replaced less than two months ago.

See less See more
#3 ·

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAN-NJzBRNw

Couldnt embed a second video, but here is the link..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILHu-jPlH74

There is the videos of the issue I am having. Once again, its intermittent, I cannot get it to repeat itself but it has happened 15 or so times since I've had the dealership work on my car.

And no, I dont normally let it crank THAT long. Only for the sake of the videos. I usually stop trying after a few seconds of it cranking.

#6 ·
Could be a main fuel pump in the gas tank going bad.

#7 ·
I would check every electrical connection ...ECM BCM ..and then some ..bad contacts some where ...................

#8 ·
Dropped the Cruze off at my dealership today. The service consultant I've been working with (who has been good so far) seemed like he really didn't want to deal with me again.. But, hey, you guys replaced half the stuff in my engine bay and now it wont work right :angry:

Will update with any progress I get out of this, if any.

#13 ·
Hey Tmar,

We apologize for the recent concerns you have been experiencing with your Cruze and are glad that you were able to get your car to the dealership for a resolution. This is certainly not the kind of impression we wanted to provide you as our customer, and we would be happy to assist if needed.
If you have a future question or concern, feel free to send us a private message so we can address it.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.