Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The map lights won't work (as of months ago, maybe a year), but I can't seem to figure out which fuse is for the map lights, if any specifically.

The front/rear dome lights work fine - and switching bulbs with the dome has no effect. Almost like both buttons simply stopped working.

Thoughts?

·
10,712 Posts
2013 model year and beyond the front dome light is independent of the map lights. Best bet is check the fuses for it (10-38 Owner's manual), which one it is I'm not 100% sure.

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/da...evrolet/cruze/2014_chevrolet_cruze_owners.pdf

Chevrolet Cruze Owners Manual: Instrument Panel Fuse Block - Electrical System - Vehicle Care

Chevrolet Cruze Owners Manual: Engine Compartment Fuse Block - Electrical System - Vehicle Care

In the event the dome light housing needs to be replaced, just verify the Part #s with them before you order.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-p...lJnk9MjAxNCZ0PWRpZXNlbCZlPTItMGwtbDQtZGllc2Vs

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
According to my book, it's F31UA, located under the hood. It shares the same circuit as the sunshade vanity lights (if equipped), and the "Instrument Panel Compartment Lamp" which I can only guess means the non-existent glove box light. The circuit is controlled by the BCM which shuts things off when the car goes to sleep.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay - I figured it was either hooked to the vanity mirror lights or the dome lights. Both of which work. Looking through the owners manual, I could not find any fuse with a callout for the map lights.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Okay - I figured it was either hooked to the vanity mirror lights or the dome lights. Both of which work. Looking through the owners manual, I could not find any fuse with a callout for the map lights.
It sounds like that assembly is defective. Odd that it would take out both lights.

If you have to buy a new one, might as well go for the Buick version so you get back lighting of the buttons and a small light for the gearshift lever. There's a thread on here on how to do that.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,421 Posts
It sounds like that assembly is defective. Odd that it would take out both lights.

If you have to buy a new one, might as well go for the Buick version so you get back lighting of the buttons and a small light for the gearshift lever. There's a thread on here on how to do that.
[h=1]Reading Lights Swap[/h]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts