Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an 2012 white Cruze LTZ/RS .
We have got black rub marks on the top of the rear bumper where it is round at the ends both sides
It looks like the trunk lid rubs on the corners but it is impossible when you look at the space there.
There are 5 plastic fasteners missing , ones that hold the sound proofing in place on the truck lid.It does not come near the bumper.
I polished the marks out last week , now they are starting again.We have not replaced the fasteners yet as we waited for parts.
Any one else have this issue or any ideas?.
The dealer has not seen this before and has no idea what causes this.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
We have an 2012 white Cruze LTZ/RS .
We have got black rub marks on the top of the rear bumper where it is round at the ends both sides
It looks like the trunk lid rubs on the corners but it is impossible when you look at the space there.
There are 5 plastic fasteners missing , ones that hold the sound proofing in place on the truck lid.It does not come near the bumper.
I polished the marks out last week , now they are starting again.We have not replaced the fasteners yet as we waited for parts.
Any one else have this issue or any ideas?.
The dealer has not seen this before and has no idea what causes this.

tqracn,
I understand your concerns with this. I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please send me a PM with your VIN? I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In October I posted about marks on my bumper, in the corners on both sides. You have to open the trunk to see it. Nobody else seems to have this issue and GM customer service did not get back to me. I did not believe that I had the only Chevy Cruze that the trunk lid rubs on the bumper, as a matter of fact, two other Cruzes at the dealership have the same marks. One is even worse than mine with fewer miles. There is at least a quarter of an inch gap between the bottom of the truck and the bumper and even if you slam the trunk down like a gorilla it still won't touch.
Check your cars because it has actually rubbed through the paint. If you want to PM me I will send you pictures as I have no idea how to post pictures on this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.