Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi names Joshua short by Josh. I have a 2016 Chevy LT cruise. I love my car with a passion. Never gave me any problems until recently. Bought a mass air flow sensor in order to pass my inspection and the check engine light is on. Idk what else to do took it 2 shops and they don’t have no idea what else it may cause the light to come on please help

·
Registered
2017 LT RS Sedan
115 Posts
When installing MAF its a good idea to disconnect the battery. Make sure your MAF is clean, and do a battery pull for 10 mins. Afterwards you'll need to drive around a bit, if the MAF is good and the minimum driving conditions are met the engine code may clear.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,167 Posts
MAF codes on a Cruze usually point to an intake air leak.

The valve cover disc is the usual suspect on a Gen 1 Limited.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When installing MAF its a good idea to disconnect the battery. Make sure your MAF is clean, and do a battery pull for 10 mins. Afterwards you'll need to drive around a bit, if the MAF is good and the minimum driving conditions are met the engine code may clear.
How long should I drive it to be on the safe side ? And how long should I wait to go back to the shop for them to plug it in to get my stickers lol

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,814 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts