Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a smaller hose that looks impossible to get to.. It's going into the engine from the thermostat. It isn't the main radiator hose into the thermostat, obviously. This hose is kinda nestled behind the air intake/turbo. I have no idea how to get to it, as it appears as though I'd have to take a lot of crap apart that I'm not prepared to take apart. Especially after I just replaced the water pump and that was tedious enough. Any help/information? Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the hose in question. Any information would be golden right now. I have no vehicle to travel to work and times are hard right now.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,492 Posts
Here is the hose in question. Any information would be golden right now. I have no vehicle to travel to work and times are hard right now.
It is really difficult with only one reference pcture to tell, but I think that may be the reward lower hose coming off the water outet. To be sure though, look at this video at about 4:26 and let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is really difficult with only one reference pcture to tell, but I think that may be the reward lower hose coming off the water outet. To be sure though, look at this video at about 4:26 and let me know.

I just found out within the last hour that this hose goes behind the exhaust manifold/turbo. Fml I have attached another pic I found from an obscure video replacing oil cooler lines. I'm at a loss for what to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have also mentioned this is on the passenger side near the water pump and not on the driver side where the water outlet is

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that's it. I'm in the process of messing with the Turbo and trying to get to this area, however it's proving difficult.

The car has numerous problems already, it's basically a lemon. But if it can still get me 2 miles down the road to my job and across the street to buy groceries, I want to do what I can to get it replaced.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,492 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AEBKYPG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I keep this tape in my trunk for emergencies it is supposed to be the best.

·
Premium Member
2015 Cruze LT 1.4, aka Yuffie, aka RecklessRed
240 Posts
As far as getting to it, replacing it is trivial.. I havent personally done it, but replacing the pipe/hose thingy is usually just a hose tie on one end, and on the ones I have done, the pipe either slips in with a gasket or screws in, with a bracket in the middle holding it in place. When you get in there check for cracks too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts