Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a serious problem and I need assistance ASAP before I go to a garage or dealership and end up dropping hundreds of dollars that I don't have, on something that I could probably be fix rather simple.
I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4, 95,000+, routine oil changes, air filters, all that good stuff, so I've never really had any major problems with the car. But last night everything changed. I pulled into my brother's driveway was only parked for about three or four hours. Had to move my vehicle for a unrelated reason, and whenever I walked back to where my vehicle was, it appeared to me that all of my engine oil had poured out onto the ground. Normally, if I get about a 2 quart low, or just waited too long to change my oil, my car will notify me that my engine oil is low but it never did and I kept my car running for about 2 mins before I finally parked it. Looking underneath the hood, it is confirmed that the leak is coming from the passenger side down below the timing belt. And when I say all the oil was leaked out I mean all of it every single drop. It's not coming from the oil pan or the dipstick or anything on top. I clean the oil up, and put a couple quarts in it turned it on and Crank It Up and same thing oil just poured out everywhere so I'm unable to find where exactly the leak is coming from. Unable to find anything online that sounds like what my problem is. Please help me.

·
Super Moderator
6,938 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Do you have any pictures of the oil leak itself?

I would first clean the oil off with brake clean and the have someone start the car - with oil in it - and look for the start of the leak. There are a number of threads on oil leaks so also do some searching. I am at work and cannot at the moment.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Do you have any pictures of the oil leak itself?

I would first clean the oil off with brake clean and the have someone start the car - with oil in it - and look for the start of the leak. There are a number of threads on oil leaks so also do some searching. I am at work and cannot at the moment.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.
I have already put more oil in it and started it up and try to find where the oil was coming from, I cannot visibly see the leak itself because the motor bracket is in the way but I know that it is coming from under the engine. Those pictures were taken in the middle of the night and will not be able to post any more pictures until later this evening or tomorrow at the latest.

·
Super Moderator
6,938 Posts
I reiterate: I would first clean the oil off with brake clean and the have someone start the car - with oil in it - and look for the start of the leak.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
Odds are, it's coming from somewhere else and running down to where you see it. Given the amount of oil, I'd suspect something like a oil pressure sensor, turbo oil line, or maybe from the oil filter area. I doubt if it's a gasket leak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi to all guys.I am new here ,and i am glad to help if i can .So in the picture i am seeing coolant and no oil .The drop that it seems is red or orange .i suggest to check your water pump.Can you take a picture of your timing belt to see the oil that you are saying?The water pump is very sneaky.Find a little mirror and try to see from the back side of the pulley of water pump..or put your finger if you can to see if is dry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi to all guys.I am new here ,and i am glad to help if i can .So in the picture i am seeing coolant and no oil .The drop that it seems is red or orange .i suggest to check your water pump.Can you take a picture of your timing belt to see the oil that you are saying?The water pump is very sneaky.Find a little mirror and try to see from the back side of the pulley of water pump..or put your finger if you can to see if is dry. sorry for my bad english

1 - 8 of 8 Posts