Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much boost does this turbo make on the diesel? The Torque app on my phone\bluetooth OBD2 adapter shows 22.5 psi at WOT. Seems a little high to me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
How much boost does this turbo make on the diesel? The Torque app on my phone\bluetooth OBD2 adapter shows 22.5 psi at WOT. Seems a little high to me.
I believe that is correct. It has been a while since I plugged in my bluetooth OBD2 adapter, but I want to say that it runs over 20 PSI at max boost. I'd be interested to know the difference between overboost and regular boost, but really need a passenger to watch the torque app to do that. I dont think staring at my phone for 10 seconds while driving at WOT would be a good idea.

·
Registered
611 Posts
That number sounds right to me. I think 21.5 - 22.5 is the max I've seen on my scangauge and I'm completely stock.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
310 Posts
Mine makes 28 psi under full throttle. Not sure why the number everyone sees varies so much. It's on a 30psi boost gauge and it will almost pin it every time. This is with the boost gauge plumbed directly into the intake pipe just before the manifold.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Your gauge is wrong, or showing absolute, but 28 PSI is really low if its absolute.

Unless the difference with the manifold is that huge, but I don't think it is.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Your gauge is wrong, or showing absolute, but 28 PSI is really low if its absolute.

Unless the difference with the manifold is that huge, but I don't think it is.
The gauge came out of another vehicle that also had a scangauge and it was consistently within 1psi of it so I don't see how it would be wrong. It also sits dead on 0 at idle. I guess it's possible it could have been dropped or something when it was removed, but it seems to be working fine.

I followed a write up on here of how someone installed theirs. Post 19 in this thread shows the same location I used for mine. Hose comes off that fitting, goes about 12" to the electronic sender.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/201-gen1-diesel-technical-discussion/133673-boost-gauge-2.html

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Then it must just be that huge of a loss, subtract six or so and that would give you the relative pressure of the manifold, or what the OBD2 would give you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts