Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
15,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got this picture in our FB group. Had a CruzeTalk sticker on it. They switched lanes and hit a parked truck. Located in New Jersey. Anyone know who this is? Driver was air lifted out of there.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have worked on a 911 ambulance for 17 years and although it's always hard to look at the aftermath and really guess if someone made it or not, that looks very bad.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Terrible.

Can anyone identify the trim and model year?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Just awful.

I think I see a turbo, so I'm assuming 1.4T. I can't see much of anything else.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
IIRC black and silver seats are specific to a particular trim.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
The nature of the wreckage looks as though the car hit the Mansfield bar on the back of a tractor trailer.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The seat that's out of the car is from an LS - black & silver was only available on the LS.

This is not how we want to loose members. :(

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Then there's this New Jersey fella who killed his wife after she crashed their CRUZE.

[h=1]HUSBAND ACCUSED OF KILLING WIFE AFTER CAR CRASH[/h]

Friday, April 01, 2016
DELRAN, N.J. (WPVI) --
Authorities have charged a New Jersey man with killing his wife after they say he ran from the scene of an auto accident where she was found on the ground next to the car.

The Burlington County prosecutor says Delran police responded to the scene of the crash late Thursday night in the area of Rt. 130 North near the intersection of Chester Avenue, where a car had collided with several other vehicles.

When officers arrived they found 54-year-old Cynthia Fortune on the ground next to the driver's side of a Chevy Cruze with visible lacerations on her neck and a knife in the vehicle.

The victim was later transported to Lourdes Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

Police found her husband, 37-year-old Quentin Fortune of Somerdale, at the nearby Rt. 130 Diner covered in what appeared to be blood and dressed only in a T-shirt, boxer-briefs and sneakers.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
We're the cruzetalk stickers only given to paid members?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Wow, that looks beyond bad.

·
2,170 Posts
That looks truly awful. I can't believe the way the roof has twisted 90 degrees. The drivers area does look like it may be mostly intact so there may be hope. I hope everyone involved is alright.

I'm pretty certain that is an LS 1.8L model, not sure what year. But the seats were LS specific and it looks like the air intake tube goes to the back of the engine instead of the front.

Reactions: spacedout

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Only the driver was in the vehicle.

Coincidentally, one of our members was driving behind when this happened.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
So do we know who it was yet?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Not easy to tell but the grill looks like 14 and older.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Does New Jersey have a front license plate?

Reactions: Merc6

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
It's definitely a gen 1 Cruze.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts