Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
15,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In June, I'll be building an order of MDF baffles for the Cruze. MDF baffles or speaker "rings" are used to mount speakers securely to the door in a way that won't rattle. These baffles will allow you to fit a 3" deep speaker on our doors while clearing the door panel. The baffles are coated with a 50/50 mixture of wood glue and water to prevent water absorption.

Baffles will be sold for $65 shipped per pair and will be custom built to the specific cutout diameter your speakers require. All prices in this thread are for shipping to 50 US states.

The kit will include:
- One pair of baffles for your specific door speakers.
- 12 self-drilling sheet metal screws for mounting to the doors
- 12 black coarse thread #6 screws for mounting speakers to baffles
- Two strips of speaker gasket tape for mounting speakers to baffles
- Two strips of speaker gasket tape for mounting baffles to doors

Installation will require drilling holes into the baffles to mount the screws and driving the self-drilling screws with a drill/driver.

Participants:
- JerryGash (Silver Flute baffles & big 3 kit)
- Nightmistx22 (Silver Flute baffles & big 3 kit)
- grtpumpkin (Silver Flute baffles)
- cruzer1026 (Silver Flute baffles)
- renaku4 (Silver Flute baffles & big 3 kit)
- dhpnet (Silver Flute baffles & big 3 kit)
- flex014 (RS180 baffles & big 3 kit)

Reply to this thread if your name is not listed above if you want to order a pair specifying the inner diameter you'll need.

Note: If you want a Big 3 kit with your baffles, I will discount the big 3 kit by $10.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Count me in as well, for both the speaker baffles and big 3 Kit. I just sent you a pm on the other thread and this thread popped up a second later.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Neat! Plastic door panel and speaker don't interfere with each other? Any good pn for the 3"deep speakers? I'm wanting to upgrade from the oem speakers soon

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Please add me to the list for both the baffles and the big 3 kit. I need to finally get my Silver Flute / Vifa combo installed. I believe the Silver Flutes are 6.5", but I am sure you already have the dimensions for those.

·
Administrator
15,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
15,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many people do you need to do the group buy? I'm in no rush, just curious.
It was more to gauge how many I have to make. I'll probably end up making 10 pairs based on how many people want some this time. I'll get started next week once the weather isn't in the low 90s anymore.

·
Premium Member
7,928 Posts
Are these baffles needed to mount the Silver Flutes? And are the Silver Flutes in stock anywhere? They seem to be out.

·
Administrator
15,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are these baffles needed to mount the Silver Flutes? And are the Silver Flutes in stock anywhere? They seem to be out.
They're the best way I know to mount the silver flutes, since the cutout diameter is a bit larger than most 6.5" drivers. Silver flutes will be back in stock shortly. Someone had e-mailed them and said last week that the shipment just left for the Madisound warehouse, so they'll get them in any day now.

·
Administrator
15,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it too late to get in on this? I plan on getting 2 of your recommended Dayton RS180-4's for my front doors.
I'll add you to the list.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Do you think you will get another group going end of year or next? I would be interested and a big 3, just have house repairs at the moment and other stuff earlier in the year I had to pay for, plus I will be ordering Amsoil stuff in a couple weeks lol

·
Administrator
15,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you think you will get another group going end of year or next? I would be interested and a big 3, just have house repairs at the moment and other stuff earlier in the year I had to pay for, plus I will be ordering Amsoil stuff in a couple weeks lol
I have orders for 7 baffles and will make a batch of 10, so I'll have 3 pairs in case anyone else needs them before the next batch.

I should be able to put something together for you later in the year.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,377 Posts
I'm assuming these won't stop the **** door panel itself (or parts on it) from rattling with the stock speakers?

Ours has started doing that, and it's pretty annoying. I'm plenty happy with the stock Pioneer speakers for the time being, but not rattles (especially the fronts, since they seem to move a fair amount of air).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts