Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I am new to the forum and new to the Cruze! I picked up a used 2013 1.4lt 6 speed manual. After driving it for a couple days now, I am noticing when I put it in gear, and when changing gears there is a "mechanical clink" sound. It sounds like it is under the hood for sure. Just wondering if this is normal or something I should look at right away!

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! :)

As far as your issue is concerned, try checking out the link below (for an Eco MT, but possibly still applies).

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-gen1-service-issues/1686-manual-eco-clunk.html

Thank you!

I checked out the link and it almost just seem to be when sitting still and going into first. I hear it through every gear, maybe not 5 and 6. I will listen tonight when I am driving. It could be normal, and I am just not use to it. The last MT car i owned was a 1998 Saturn SC2, and I do not remember it clinking like this is.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
It's normal. There is very little (read none) sound insulation.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi there, I am new to the forum and new to the Cruze! I picked up a used 2013 1.4lt 6 speed manual. After driving it for a couple days now, I am noticing when I put it in gear, and when changing gears there is a "mechanical clink" sound. It sounds like it is under the hood for sure. Just wondering if this is normal or something I should look at right away!

Thanks!
Hi there!

Welcome to the forum! We understand why this would be quite concerning and if you're thinking you'd like to have a certified technician take a look, we'd be happy to facilitate this process. We're available via private message and would need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealer to move forward.

Thank you,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
2,170 Posts
I'm not sure if yours sounds the same as mine but I believe it's normal. It's just the sound of the sychro gears engaging, the transmission is located on the drivers side under the hood and if you have the windows cracked you can hear it sometimes when you shift. Both my Cruze and my Cobalt had the same noise when changing gears sometimes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.