Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I've been out near there a few times....when I went to Visit the US base in Vicenza. Because they had a much larger PX than the Base I was working on. If it wasn't so far I'd have done it more often.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Was in Bergamo, Italy about five months ago, driving on a single lane road that ended at a Villa. Was turning around to get out of there, when this guy comes out and says its okay to park here. But we only stayed a few minutes than drove out.

Yesterday received an 87 Euro fine from the Bergamo police department for parking there. Talked this over with my wife, she said, don't argue it, just pay it so I did. Reason, if we decide go back, probably would have the police waiting for me to lock me up.

Heard rumors about police corruption in Italy, they ain't rumors.
Back when I first moved to Italy for work...got pulled over by the Polizia Stradale I spoke enough Italian at the time to understand the fine was12,000 Lira (about $8.00 at the time)...for what? I had no clue. I did hear the woman in front of me arguing with the other cop, and he kept yelling back larger and larger numbers...they escalated to over 100,000 Lira as I was paying my fine to the other cop. Wasn't enough to get upset over...that woman was still arguing when I drove off.

To this day, 27 years later, I still have no idea what it was over. They pulled the lot of us over with their lollypop sticks. And I know we weren't speeding. There were 4 or 5 cars they pulled over all at once.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Tuscany was my stomping ground (an still is)....but I've been to a lot of other places. I speak Italian fairly fluently. Learned it all when I was working there. I have three antique Lambrettas In storage there Two are SX200's and one is a LD175. I bough one of the 200's back in 1992 (both are1984), the other 2 I inherited when my father in law passed away a few years ago.

Real tanks on 2 wheels. The one I bought, a 1984, I've been driving since 1992, a month a year, and All I've done was one set of brake shoes, two spark plugs, a set of tires and tubes (because they dry rotted) an a number of bulbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts