Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had this happen to anyone yet I think im the only on im going to attempt to fix them this week end I have some old 3.5 "fog light lenses that are glass in the barn I just need to know the best way to separate the lenses from the housing by the way this was a cheep kit off eBay couldn't afford the gm set so I got this and went to the local junk yard and got the new headlight switch and sweet talked my dealer to program them fot me fot 50 bucks so I only spend like 100 bucks on the set up.
Any idea would help out alot thank

Brian

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have some old 3.5" glass lenses in my barn so im going t attempt to fix them this weekend with glass instead of plastic lenses im just looking for iedas on how to that the plastic lenses off

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Trial and error ! When you get those melted lenses off and fit those 2 3.5 glass lenses fitted you will be the lucky dude that gets to report back with a how to .. trial and error !

·
Registered
990 Posts
Did you find out why it melted? I know a few people with them and this hasn't happened. What is your lighting set up?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The stock H8 35 watts bulb im not sure why it melted but is has gotten so bad I cant even use them right now so im trying to fix them I did email the seller and he said hes never hurd of it happening but he gave me a full refund and I got to keep them so thats why I want to fix them lol

·
Registered
990 Posts
That's crazy should have told him to send you a new set

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well guys I did my fogs today but no how to because I didnt have the right size but I made them work I think the fogs we have we have are 4" not 3.5" like what I had so all I did was cut the melted part of the lenses out just big enough to fit the glass and silicone it back together with high temp rtv silicone they came out really good cant tell unless your looking super close I will try to post pics soon as I can

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Well now you are the proud owner of a set of glasses on yer cruzens fog lights !

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Seems like you ended up with some no-name knock-offs that weren't built tough enough to withstand the heat. I've had no problem with my OEM-kit fogs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.