Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i bought my Chevy Cruze 1.6 ls , 4 month ago the miles traveled by the car was 86 000 km , i made full car check up before i buy to make sure that every thing is good

when the check up results came it says: there are metal shaving or (metal chips ) in transmission oil and need to change immediately i ignored it for 3 000 km

because as far as i know transmission oil is changed every 30 000 km and last time was changed it was at 70 000 km

so the question is : do i need to change the transmission oil immediately or wait for next car service at 100 000 km
:confused: :confused: :confused:

N.B: MY CAR'S TRANSMISSION IS AUTOMATIC

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Might need a radiator and lines also. Metal in the fluid and the radiator is the cooler for the trans fluid.

Might get lucky and hopefully someone can and will flush it out so those don't have to be replaced.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is it an automatic or manual transmission?

If it is a manual transmission and the previous owner was not very good at shifting or the clutch release parts are worn, it's possible to have some slightly internal wear on the gears that will generate metal shavings. Most newer manual transmissions have a magnet installed in the case to capture a lot of these. If you don't have any shifting problems and it's just some small metallic particles you should be ok but it wouldn't hurt to change the fluid a little sooner than normal the next couple service intervals and make sure it doesn't get worse.

If you have an automatic transmission and doing a flush or drain and refill and notice a lot of metal that would be a lot worse. If there's a lot of wear or damage where internal metal parts are wearing, the transmission controller can usually compensate for a while and keep it shifting ok but there is a good chance that a lot of metal in the oil/fluid on an automatic means the damage is already done and it might not last a long time. If it's just a tiny amount of metal the transmission might last a while but it would be good to have it flushed and checked again soon to make sure it isn't getting worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts