Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently have a AVIC-Z140BH installed in my car with a GMOS-044 module. I bought it when it was brand new on the market. I'm wondering if its just buggy by nature or I have other problems.

First problem is the clock on the stock display is faster than a real clock. After about a month it will be 2-3 minutes ahead of my phone, which I used to set the time in the first place. The other problem is periodically the volume will turn down, the source will change or a song will skip. Sometimes its once in a blue moon. Other time sit can drop the volume from 20-15 or so in a few seconds. VERY annoying.

Do you think buying a new module will fix this or will I end up with the same problem?

A second question for you smart techies. Is there a way for me to tie my xm tuner module into my stock antenna? The one that comes with it is a little circle that is mounted in the roof of my trunk. It works alright in some areas and terribly in areas with lots of mountains, buildings, trees etc.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least I'm not alone. I emailed metra them selves and will be awaiting a response.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All they said is there "Might" be a firmware update to fix the issue. I'm not in the mood to rip my dash apart to figure out which version of the module I have though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts