Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well,it was my turn this time...a large RAT in my 2012!
Comprehensive covered the cleanup an shampoo for the seats and carpets.
I slid a stainless plate with small holes in it in with the filter.
This will keep them from ripping out the filter and getting in.

Thanks for all who posted!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one unnecessarily. I was cleaning under the cowling after the car had sat for a few years while I was out of Country, and I found this. I had also changed the cabin filter and saw what I now know was nesting material from a mouse/rat. They used the louvers to sharpen their teeth. Is changing the air inlet box very hard?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one unnecessarily. I was cleaning under the cowling after the car had sat for a few years while I was out of Country, and I found this. I had also changed the cabin filter and saw what I now know was nesting material from a mouse/rat. They used the louvers to sharpen their teeth. Is changing the air inlet box very hard?

This will get you started

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wish I'd have done a search years ago for this thread. I have 2 Cruzes and combined found probably 7 nests on my cabin filters. I never change a filter for just dirt, no time. Of course when you pull the filter all the mess goes down to the blower fan. I got good at pulling acorns out of it so it wasn't out of balance. Never thought to remove the plastic cowl covers and attack the problem from there.

I live in the woods, lots of acorns for the mice to eat, can't stop that. Just have a carport.

Going to Tractor Supply today to buy 1/4 in. mesh.

I think the default mode after the car is off for 10 minutes is the outside fresh air door shuts. I've got a small hole chewed through the door.

And yes I've got MORE cabin filters on order.

I wonder if this thread should be linked with this one. FIX: Excessive Moisture/Condensation/Frost on Windows
Doors get out of sync from debris, whether natural or mouse related. Those acorns can really stop the door.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts