Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone interested in created a midwest or IL Cruze Club? Not sure what everyone's intentions are of this forum yet I'd love to meet up with other owners to get mod suggestions, troubleshooting help (if we have any that can't be answered in this forum), random car talk, networking and making new friends in the area!

If anyone in the midwest or IL areas are interested I'd gladly help. I was apart of the MFBA (Midwest F-body association, camaro/firebird) when I had an 88 firebird and I'd love to have that kind of a community again with the Cruze!

-April

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a friend in St Louis that I visit a few times a year, family in MN (about to buy Vikings season tickets hopefully soon too)...so I don't mind driving if we did an IL meet one weekend coming up. Maybe we can do a mid-state meet, yet I wouldn't know where to meet up at.

I know more people from IL posted in the "meets & events" section, although I saw this section and felt my post was better here. I'll ask them to look at this post and offer their insights.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I run a car club called www.DRSCars.info and its all makes and models. We have racing events, dyno days, and other fun events. Join up and put SHOWCAR in the refferer box. We would be glad to have more Cruze owners on board.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry guys I've been mia for a few month, buying a home will do that. Not sure if i'll start a midwest or IL club yet when I get settled into the house I'll see if a friend, who runs a fbody club I'm in, can help me figure out how to start a forum for midwest cruze owners. Or I could start a meetup group on meetup.com It'll probably be fall at the earliest.

·
Registered
389 Posts
sorry guys I've been mia for a few month, buying a home will do that. Not sure if i'll start a midwest or IL club yet when I get settled into the house I'll see if a friend, who runs a fbody club I'm in, can help me figure out how to start a forum for midwest cruze owners. Or I could start a meetup group on meetup.com It'll probably be fall at the earliest.
Keep us up to date with the info.
Congrats on the new house.

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
Keep us up to date with the info.
Congrats on the new house.
I am from Cincinnati and I would be willing to drive a little. Let me know what is on the schedule for a get together. Illinois is not that far. I think I heard it is on the other side of Indiana! LOL. Any time 'cept the middle of July is good with me!

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
I want to do a meet up so i can steal Xtremerevolution's seats! sorry xtreme you werent supposed to see this lol
LOL!

Alright, let's get a meet together. I'll coordinate if nobody else wants to. This can be in the southern Chicago, somewhere off Highway 80. It seems to me that there would be plenty of people in this general area to have a meet. There are a few nice forest preserves around here that would be great for this kind of thing. If anyone is interested in making it down here, let me know and we can get something started. I won't be available until the 2nd week of July, so lets shoot for the end of July/beginning of August.

Who's interested?

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
LOL!

Alright, let's get a meet together. I'll coordinate if nobody else wants to. This can be in the southern Chicago, somewhere off Highway 80. It seems to me that there would be plenty of people in this general area to have a meet. There are a few nice forest preserves around here that would be great for this kind of thing. If anyone is interested in making it down here, let me know and we can get something started. I won't be available until the 2nd week of July, so lets shoot for the end of July/beginning of August.

Who's interested?

Where and when? I'll be there!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Let's say early August, Mokena, IL, unless someone in the northern Indiana area has a good park they'd like to have this at that would be closer to the Ohio people.
Has this happened yet? Lol I might be a tad late on this....

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Has this happened yet? Lol I might be a tad late on this....
Nope. I haven't had time to coordinate it, and the amount of interest didn't merit it either.

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
Well I am in if we can generate interest.
Xtreme make it happen :):beer:
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Do it man! We need a meetup. See if we can do a mind meld(since he has Spock as his prof pic) with Extreme and get some of those ideas he always comes up with not to mention a sub box or 2. Put something together as it seems nothing is happening for Sept 14 with the guys from Pa + Ohio. Ohio is more Midwest than East(to fall in the category with Pa and NY. I was planning on the meet last week only because there are so few in this general area!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts