Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes experienced the 10 grams in 15 miles yesterday. Car only made it another 100-110 miles before doing another regen this morning. Interval between the prior two regens was slightly better at 130-140 miles.

Would really be courious to see your NCR numbers once you get the codes entered.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Any more data on this? Just installed my scan gauge last week and soot seams to accumulate pretty quickly compared to your findings. From a trip on Saturday in the morning after a regen it was at 3 and then back up to 16 when arrived home this was at the most a 80 mile trip with about 4 stops for errands. 70% highway 30% city.

Also # of completed regens is at 83 for 23,000 miles on the car which looks high compared to other members numbers.
The number seems a little low for the miles... IMG_6302[1].jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
The number seems a little low for the miles... View attachment 160489
Does seem low but again if you have observed 1000 miles between regens in the past it is plausible. The fact that you have had so little issues makes it more believable.

So far I have been in 3 times for a P0133. 2 times they replaced sensor this last time they just cleaned it. Latest time was combined with a P2463 (DPF Restriction-soot Accumulation) That time car gave the cleaning filter keep driving message at startup. Before I was able to even get it in gear light came on along with the reduced power message. 14 mile drive straight to the dealer for a manual regen. Tech said Soot mass was 50 grams!! No gauge at the time so no idea what the soot was the prior day.

Any advise on how to convince the dealer to inspect the EGR valve that others have indicated may be the cause of excessive soot?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I installed my new Scan Gauge II Monday and it showed 6 regens, 17 soot grams towards the 7th regen, and the car had 6900 miles on it. Tuesday I went to Albuquerque and home on the Interstate. When I got home the soot grams were at 21. Today I took off on a 200 mile trip, all Interstate driving. The regen began at approximately 35 miles into the trip. The mileage was 7320 at the completion of the regen. It took 8 minutes and ended at 4 soot grams. At the end of the 200 mile trip, the soot grams were back up to 6.

I run my tires at 50 psi, and I am almost always on an Interstate at 76 to 78 mph. I use the best diesel I can buy (no Bio), with an advertised Cetane rating of at least 47. I have seen 60+ mpg on the DIC many times for the 50 mile loop and I am almost always in the mid-50 mpg range. I love this car so far, and from the view of DIESEL's odometer, I'll have it a long time. I have ordered a Vanity Plate saying "60MPGDZ".

·
Super Moderator
7,682 Posts
Ask then nicely and offer them the reference material found on the relevant threads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can say I've been having more and more regens also, at almost 5000 miles I'm at 22. I have tried talking to the dealer and they have said bad fuel, to add on equipment (Scanguage II), to no problems, to I am the problem. I have even spoke to a senior customer service representative and all I have got is frustration. I'm ready to start wrenching myself. Is there someone knowledgeable in GM to speak to before I start buying parts and wrenching? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Mine can go from 200 to 250 in town to 800 on the highway. Even on highway it accumulate quickly then the last few grams drive long time.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I can say I've been having more and more regens also, at almost 5000 miles I'm at 22. I have tried talking to the dealer and they have said bad fuel, to add on equipment (Scanguage II), to no problems, to I am the problem. I have even spoke to a senior customer service representative and all I have got is frustration. I'm ready to start wrenching myself. Is there someone knowledgeable in GM to speak to before I start buying parts and wrenching? Thanks.
Welcome to the forum! Before you do anything - what exact oil are you running? Are you using biodiesel?

·
Premium Member
3,986 Posts
So is this thing like a Scan Gauge II on steroids?

I still want one of these things, in a round gauge form, so I can plop it in a ZZP A-Pillar.

·
Registered
246 Posts

How can YOU be the problem??? Huh???

The Scan Gauge II is entirely " passive" and just "collects" information provided through the OBDII port. Same as when a car is getting emissions tested.

I have the same mileage and have also been experiencing frequent regens. Only until recently was I able to source non-bio diesel, so I will run a few tanks of neat (non-bio) #2 diesel before determining what to do next. Obviously, numerous people are experiencing the same issue from what I am reading on here. @chevy customer service really needs to look into this issue.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So is this thing like a Scan Gauge II on steroids?

I still want one of these things, in a round gauge form, so I can plop it in a ZZP A-Pillar.
Yeah and I chucked it for the Scangauge II. (Note the post date of the original post)

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
How can YOU be the problem??? Huh???

The Scan Gauge II is entirely " passive" and just "collects" information provided through the OBDII port. Same as when a car is getting emissions tested.

I have the same mileage and have also been experiencing frequent regens. Only until recently was I able to source non-bio diesel, so I will run a few tanks of neat (non-bio) #2 diesel before determining what to do next. Obviously, numerous people are experiencing the same issue from what I am reading on here. @chevy customer service really needs to look into this issue.
I hooked up the Edge CTS to another car and it threw all sorts of CEL, so a "collection only" device doesn't always do simple collection. That being said, I've never had any such issues with my Scangauge II. By the way, I like your plate in your sig!

·
Premium Member
3,986 Posts
Yeah and I chucked it for the Scangauge II. (Note the post date of the original post)
Oh ****, for some reason I read that as 2016 (and the fact it was brought back from the dead a few posts before put it in my "New Posts" feed).

·
Registered
4 Posts
As for fuel, nothing but regular diesel, no
bio. I tried even changing stations, just in case I got a bad tank. It it frustrating to know things are not right, have a warranty, have knowledge in automotive industry, and still get nowhere. I am with you on the scanguage, technical support for GM didn't know what "add on equipment"I had, but it is at fault. Thanks for the welcome. I saw a post about possible EGR problem at fault, dose anyone know what is the cause? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
As for fuel, nothing but regular diesel, no
bio. I tried even changing stations, just in case I got a bad tank. It it frustrating to know things are not right, have a warranty, have knowledge in automotive industry, and still get nowhere. I am with you on the scanguage, technical support for GM didn't know what "add on equipment"I had, but it is at fault. Thanks for the welcome. I saw a post about possible EGR problem at fault, dose anyone know what is the cause? Thanks!
What oil are you running?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Supposedly the dexos 2. I had the dealer change it under the 4 free oil changes
Can you check your paperwork and post the part number of the oil they used?

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I am wondering about my regens. I had a regen yesterday, interrupted the regen to stop for lunch, then went back to work and the regen was complete when I got back to work. Drove home after work and ran a few errands, after regen was complete it was all city driving and a little joy ride on some country roads. I think I am at 15 grams of soot in like 50 miles. Last regen was all city driving and like 280 miles. No big deal. I guess what I am wondering is this, if you interrupt a regen it takes some driving to regenerate heat to get it going again, could it be possible that contributes to the DPF collecting more soot quicker? I know it shouldn't make a difference, next time I am going to keep driving when it regens and see if I don't collect so much soot so quickly. I would guess if I took a long trip again I would get 750 to 800 miles like I did last month.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am wondering about my regens. I had a regen yesterday, interrupted the regen to stop for lunch, then went back to work and the regen was complete when I got back to work. Drove home after work and ran a few errands, after regen was complete it was all city driving and a little joy ride on some country roads. I think I am at 15 grams of soot in like 50 miles. Last regen was all city driving and like 280 miles. No big deal. I guess what I am wondering is this, if you interrupt a regen it takes some driving to regenerate heat to get it going again, could it be possible that contributes to the DPF collecting more soot quicker? I know it shouldn't make a difference, next time I am going to keep driving when it regens and see if I don't collect so much soot so quickly. I would guess if I took a long trip again I would get 750 to 800 miles like I did last month.

I am still getting regens <100 miles between and one week ago had the firmware upgraded. Running my first tank of non-bio from Phillips 66, but it was doing this on bio too. 80%highway, 20%urban/suburban. Guess she's going back to dealer for another diagnosis. Regens stopping at 4 on SCIi and going to 22 before regen starts.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts