Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, browsed the site for an answer and couldn't find it. What PAC wiring harness do I need to connect the Minidsp to the radio?? What else would I need? I noticed that the minidsp had 4 out, which is find for my 4ch amp but what about my mono amp???

thanks guys!
Ralph

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
AA-GM44 , Depending on your year. Most sq only run front stage so rear two channels you can run to your sub amp. You can also use y splitters before your mini DSP. I recommend running front stage only but its up to you.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AA-GM44 , Depending on your year. Most sq only run front stage so rear two channels you can run to your sub amp. You can also use y splitters before your mini DSP. I recommend running front stage only but its up to you.
Hey man, thanks for the reply. I have a 4 channel for the front sea's tweeters and daytons mid's, nothing in the rear. I have a 2014 cruze, non-pioneer

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guy, the days of buying the good stuff is over for me right now. I used have zed audio , zapco, all american made amps. Cant afford that right now so I bought PPI phantom amps. I will be putting 575 watts to the 15in FI sub. and 145 watts to the mid's/

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
guy, the days of buying the good stuff is over for me right now. I used have zed audio , zapco, all american made amps. Cant afford that right now so I bought PPI phantom amps. I will be putting 575 watts to the 15in FI sub. and 145 watts to the mid's/
I was only asking to see if you can use the low level out puts on the amps, depending on how you cross the mids.
I think you should forgo the Pac and go with the audiocontrol lc7i

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Christ, in extreme's buildup it stated to get the 2x4 , 4ch amp and a mono amp. Unless I am losing my mind?? I already bought the 2x4 :(. I have the p1000.1 and p900.4
The miniDSP 2x4 is the best value. You can get the 2x8 for 2x the price but I didn't see a $150 value in being able to tune the subs. You can't fix the cancellation issues and trunk coloration issues with tuning no matter how hard you try.

The idea is to get a 4 channel LOC, run the front channels to the miniDSP, and run the rear channels to the sub amp. That way you can use the fader to adjust the subwoofer volume.

The design is based on where people get the most bang for the buck. With a bigger budget, there are certainly better ways to go about this, but the results attained for the money spent with this setup can't be beat as is.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help, it is appreciated. Hifi mentioned the LC2i, is this what I am looking for?? Amazon has them for $79 I believe. Please let me know. Also who makes a decent pair of rca cables?? I am thinking 3 meter would be the right length? Amps are in the back of the trunk.

thanks guys
Ralph

The miniDSP 2x4 is the best value. You can get the 2x8 for 2x the price but I didn't see a $150 value in being able to tune the subs. You can't fix the cancellation issues and trunk coloration issues with tuning no matter how hard you try.

The idea is to get a 4 channel LOC, run the front channels to the miniDSP, and run the rear channels to the sub amp. That way you can use the fader to adjust the subwoofer volume.

The design is based on where people get the most bang for the buck. With a bigger budget, there are certainly better ways to go about this, but the results attained for the money spent with this setup can't be beat as is.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Rca length I usually suggest 17ft. I always overbuild ....its in my nature lol. So the reason I suggest 2x8 is so not only can you actively control eq and time alignment but you will be able to control x-over for each individual driver, also you can control another set if later you want to run 3 ways or rear fill. You can just grab a low cost line level converter and tap it on your leads, set crossover on the amp and call it a day. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Xtreme's set up is ultimate bang for buck but not the only way.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
k guys, I got the Lc2I and the minidsp. I have a few questions for you , dsp is all new to me.

for the Lc2I hookup:
- The left (+ and -) and right (+ and -) speakers wires from fac radio will connect to the "speaker inputs" on the lc2I
- The pos and neg wires from the radio will also go to the Lc2I, they sufficient enough?
- What is a remote out and a remote in??
- Do I enable or bypass the GTO function on the LC2I?
- The Main output (LR) will go from the LC2I to the minidsp, correct?
- Bass output from the LC2I will go to the mono amp, correct?

Now, the LC2I has adjustments for Accubass, Main and Bass. Then the Minidsp obviously has its own tuning capabilities. The amplifiers have there own and so does the fac headunit. Which ones do you adj??? Do some get adjusted to minimum due to dsp over riding them? I do understand I have to adjust the gain on my amps but I am talking about the other stuff such as frequencies/

thanks!!

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
k guys, I got the Lc2I and the minidsp. I have a few questions for you , dsp is all new to me.

for the Lc2I hookup:
- The left (+ and -) and right (+ and -) speakers wires from fac radio will connect to the "speaker inputs" on the lc2I
- The pos and neg wires from the radio will also go to the Lc2I, they sufficient enough?
- What is a remote out and a remote in??
- Do I enable or bypass the GTO function on the LC2I?
- The Main output (LR) will go from the LC2I to the minidsp, correct?
- Bass output from the LC2I will go to the mono amp, correct?

Now, the LC2I has adjustments for Accubass, Main and Bass. Then the Minidsp obviously has its own tuning capabilities. The amplifiers have there own and so does the fac headunit. Which ones do you adj??? Do some get adjusted to minimum due to dsp over riding them? I do understand I have to adjust the gain on my amps but I am talking about the other stuff such as frequencies/

thanks!!
I am not familiar with the LC2I so I can't comment to that effect. Is the remote in/out on the miniDC or on the LC2I. You do have a miniDC, right?

Set the factory head unit to all zeros. Not sure what accubass is on the LC2I.

The 4-ch amp gets all settings bypassed. No high/low pass filters. No bass boost, nothing but the gains need to be set. You will be setting the high pass and low pass for the subwoofer amplifier on the amplifier itself.

If I didn't answer one of your questions, please clarify and I'll try my best.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thks man, The remote in/out is on the lc2I. Not the minidsp. I believe I figure that part out though. The GTO is supposed to be enabled I then send a wire from remote out to the amps to turn them on.I have a the minidc as well. I suppose the remote out wire from the lc2I goes into the remote IN connector on the minidc. What is the little connector on the minidc for?? it has a + and - imprinted on it but so does the big plug.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
looking forward to seeing how this turns out for you, ive got the lc2i, and mini dsp waiting to be installed once i find time.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont understand why I have to put all of this crap (mini dc, micidsp and lc2I) under my dash when I can make a nice install under the rear speaker shelf?? Can I get all the wiring needed from the driver side kick panel??? I still do not know what color the remote turn on is or the batt wire from fac headunit.

Extreme, how do I wire the mini dc to the minidsp?? It has a pos and a neg on one side and also the other side, which one get the juice first and then goes to the minidsp? please help, planning to do a massive wiring job on thursday. Tomorrow my doors and pillars will be done!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts