Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did some spring cleaning in the garage and found some left over tint and di-noc from my last project. Decided to make use of them on the cruze and tinted the headlights and fogs and used the di-noc to do the emblems, covered the chrome door handles and de-badge and re-badge lol. What ya think?

I also tinted the inner tails just to see what they look like and I think I might just do the rest.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks!

- its 20% tint all around
- the trim piece is wrapped in 3M Di-Noc along with them emblems.
- As for the headlight tint..........what a pain in the A$$!! I tried two methods one wet the other dry. Dry turned out way better when I used a heat gun along with it. Wet was just a mess, you get one end down then start the other it will slip off

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I love the way it looks! I however wear my badges proudly!

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
My question is, does anyone have a black/carbon trunk trim on a silver Cruze? I've seen it done on black numerous times, but I want to see it on silver so I know whether or not to do it as well.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Smurf I did my. Pic should, may be in the garage. if not ill have to attach it or add it or figure something out.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks good, and sorry no close up shots of the headlights at the moment.

FYI - the toughest part is right underneath the bump part. I had to poke a pin hole and use a heat gun to press out the bubbles. So far no problems.

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
looks good, and sorry no close up shots of the headlights at the moment.

FYI - the toughest part is right underneath the bump part. I had to poke a pin hole and use a heat gun to press out the bubbles. So far no problems.
Yeah I was looking at that yesterday and knew it would be a pain.lol

Sent from iPhone 4

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
I just finished up the chrome door trim. Super easy to do. I know boats did it a while back.
But I actually took off the trim and used a blow drier to get it super clean.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Family car Vehicle door

Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper Door handle Vehicle

Just grab a corner and pull it up comes off relatively easy.
Material property

Cut 1.5" wide strips. That will allow for 1/4 to fold and tuck on the inside.
Automotive exterior Material property Bumper Carbon Auto part

Sent from iPhone 4

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.