Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I would pull the coil pack and check that the boots are fine, not cracked or kinked considering the recent plug change. I would also check to make sure the springs inside the boots are making contact with the top of the plugs.

I had a boot go bad that was affected by moisture. Random miss under load when dry, consistent miss when it rained. Replaced the boots and all was fine.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I was going to pull the coil and take a look but keep in mind, the dealership was just in there changing the cam cover (as they call it) so I geuss they could have just not installed the coil correct (I'd hope they did and would've told me if it had anything you described but who knows) . But I did plug change 2k ago Chevy was in there like 100 miles ago lol. Been a random issue since and they tell me no CEL, no "proof" then it's not an issue.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
The random/ intermittent issues are the most annoying and tend to be the hardest to track down.

If if it were me, I would check everything with the coil, boots and springs inside the boots to make sure they all look good, are making good contact, and seated correctly.

Hopefully you find out what is causing your issue. Keep us posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.