Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Good morning everyone,

as some of you may know, I just picked my car up from the dealer after a hit and run incident in a parking lot. Thankfully the body looks perfect again, but I noticed something disturbing last night. After about 10 minutes of idling in 10 degree weather, I gave the throttle a little blip to rev the engine up, and to my dismay, it has a miss. Almost as if it was sputtering over 1800-2000 rpm. I don't know if this was because the fuel might have been gelled a little or not, but I'm very concerned. Mi never had this problem before the vehicle went in for body repair. Could this be some side effect of improper starting when cold? My concern was if a porter just hoped in and started cranking the vehicle instead of letting the glow plugs warm up. Any advise would be much appreciated.
That wouldn't hurt anything if they did that, it might just start a bit rough or not at all for them.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Air in the fuel line? I really hope not but a gulp of water from the intake/intercooler? Water getting past separator?

Not exactly the same as you, but I've noticed when cold starting recently I'll have it miss 1-3 times idling at 1000rpms but goes away right away after that.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Just a thought, with the extreme cold we are having it takes my 1.4T double the idling time to reach the same temperatures compared even to when its 15F outside. 8-10 minutes idle my engine is not even past 100 degrees.

SInce diesels use compression and heat to ignite the fuel, my guess a cylinder is still cold enough to not properly ignite/burn the fuel. Sure at idle its seems to be running ok, but as soon as you give it more throttle(more fuel) its not able to properly burn the fuel.

My dad has an old Cat diesel freightliner that sounds like its missing when cold, but only when you step on the throttle. Idling a bit longer fixes the issue.
could be it! The big CATs I run will do the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.