Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

as some of you may know, I just picked my car up from the dealer after a hit and run incident in a parking lot. Thankfully the body looks perfect again, but I noticed something disturbing last night. After about 10 minutes of idling in 10 degree weather, I gave the throttle a little blip to rev the engine up, and to my dismay, it has a miss. Almost as if it was sputtering over 1800-2000 rpm. I don't know if this was because the fuel might have been gelled a little or not, but I'm very concerned. Mi never had this problem before the vehicle went in for body repair. Could this be some side effect of improper starting when cold? My concern was if a porter just hoped in and started cranking the vehicle instead of letting the glow plugs warm up. Any advise would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let the engine run through a complete warm up, run and cool down cycle. This should clear things up.

If the miss occurs again, and it's a real problem, it will register a code. But my sense is your dealing with an anomalous event here.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I fuss my concern is what would cause this to happen?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it seems the fuel cap was not completely tight. I added some PS white bottle and topped the tank off and noticed it. So maybe it was air? Hopefully that takes care of it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, it did it again. I went out at lunch to sit in the car (like I do everyday) and after 10 mintes of idle, I blipped the throttle and had the same issue. What the heck could be causing this? As stated previously, it never did this before I took it in for body work. It maybe coincidental, but I'm just throwing that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.