Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha, thought it was tomorrow, but was last weekend.

Sure love pre-war cars, for the younger guys, that would be 1941 and older.

Ha, may even find a 1937 V-16 Caddy Limo like I found in Lake Forest, IL as a high school kid in almost new condition for 75 bucks. But gave that up because of peer pressure that since then I have learned to overcome. That was like 60 years ago, can only wonder how much this car would have depreciated over this time, Ha, could I pick it up for five bucks?

Maybe a good thing I missed it again, would be kicking myself for all these old cars I got rid of since collectors joined the buying public.

Today for 75 bucks, all you can buy is a TPMS tire valve.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Nick,
Hurry over to Milwaukee this weekend for the street machine nationals.

Lots of eye candy at that one.

Rob

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha, never was into something like this.

Kind of a purist, what they do to these precious old cars in my book is a sin.

Ha, joined the Model A Club for awhile, one guy really put the bucks into his by sanding down practically every component with 17 coats of hand rubbed lacquer on it to a mirror finish. Talked to a national guy on this, this is not stock, but replied, we have to give him first place because he put so much money into it.

Then in one meeting, said we have to raise money and wanted us to sell raffle tickets or something. I just replied, if we can afford to restore a car, should be able to kick in a couple of hundred bucks to keep the club intact. Was voted down, so quit.

Ha, a bit envious of Jay Leno making millions telling jokes I don't even understand. He sure has one heck of a collection.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
Hey Nick ya going to the icecream show in Iowa this year ? Maybe I will drive out to see ya .

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Guess all my in-laws disowned me in Iowa since my ex divorced me because she didn't think I could afford her life style anymore. Used to be very welcomed because they had a pile of crap saved up for me to repair at no charge, we are family, right?

Used to tease them about Iowa not being flat, passed an ant hill around 50 miles back. I should go there for ice cream? Care to explain this?

Could get this thing in my home town for only $33,000.00

Dealers price on this thing in 1957 was 1,800 bucks. But had to do something with those pressed in valve lifter studs, they would fall out.

Took it for a test drive, wasn't the way I remembered it. Steering wheel was huge and did take some muscle to turn it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts