Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's Cruzetalk my name is Mike I bought my 2015 1LT Cruze back in August it's Silver Ice Metallic with RS and Drivers Convenience package. I recently got it tinted 2/26/16 with 20% tint all around. I'm going for a silver and black color scheme, i have a few ideas for my car I can't seem to find examples that people have done that I'll get into later.

Looks like I can't post a pic yet so I'll find a post or two that I can give my opinion on or something of the sort.
glad to be a part of the community!
-Mistertoasty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little about me I'm from California not too far from pismo beach/san Luis Obispo, i work, go to school, I have a 1974 gmc heavy half project truck, I collect old school games, I play Clash of Clans and Madden Mobile a lot on my phone ha that's just a little bit of the stuff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I'll hopefully be posting some pics of new things I'll have going on pretty soon I'm a couple months ahead on my payments so it's time to buy some gifts for my Cruze! i have 2 pics of my Cruze in my garage one with just the Plastidipped logo (will be getting a legit black one in the near future for sure!) and then another pic showing the tint.

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The whole pic restriction thing is to prevent spam bots who normally only come on and just post spam and pics in the 1st few post then leave. I believe you can still get around that by making a Garage in which you seem to have already done.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Glad to have you here! Welcome Welcome!! :eek:ccasion14:
Enjoy Cruze Talk! You got a friend here if you ever need anything that I can help you with. (and many others on this forum) :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far I've done some black plasti dip on the bow ties (should be buying the real thing in the near future)and I've tinted the Windows 20% all around. I just bought the chrome center caps to get rid of the yellow on the rims(not workin with the silver and black color scheme I want to achieve) so those should be coming in pretty soon. Once I get the chrome ones I'm gonna mess around with stock ones see what I can do to paint the yellow logo black and have it look good and see which one I like better. Also going to buy a pair of replacement RS logos and change the red to black and switch those out with the the stock red ones.

·
Registered
306 Posts
So far I've done some black plasti dip on the bow ties (should be buying the real thing in the near future)and I've tinted the Windows 20% all around. I just bought the chrome center caps to get rid of the yellow on the rims(not workin with the silver and black color scheme I want to achieve) so those should be coming in pretty soon. Once I get the chrome ones I'm gonna mess around with stock ones see what I can do to paint the yellow logo black and have it look good and see which one I like better. Also going to buy a pair of replacement RS logos and change the red to black and switch those out with the the stock red ones.

I like your plan; if it was my car, I would go with black as the main secondary color as well.

Regarding the wheel center caps, my suggestion would be look into vinyl. A custom car store that has a vinyl sticker printer or just a custom sticker place, you can put the vinyl black sticker right over the chevy emblems. I did this to numerous cars when I worked at a car customization store (lots of people wanted their Chevys black, their BMWs black over blue, and I made custom logos for aftermarket wheel caps). It was most cost efficient way while still looking nearly if not same as more expensive options.

If you go that route, you can also put a small layer of clear sealant over it to make sure it doesn't get damaged, and it looks like paint pretty much. But that process, if never done before, can be really easy to mess up first try. My 2 cents :)

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Nice looking Cruze!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your car looks super nice! Excellent choice on getting tint, it's the first thing I do to my vehicles. TN legal tint is 35% all the way around though. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes! @chevrasaki lol in my county the legal tint is 70% and that's only on the back 3 Windows
driver, passenger, and visor for me is illegal. My sister and her fiancé have been rolling around in their terrain and Yukon with 5% tint for the last year and a half never pulled over... Cops here have more important things to worry about around here right now. But highway patrol on a bad day would get me no doubt.

·
2,170 Posts
Thanks for all the welcomes! @chevrasaki lol in my county the legal tint is 70% and that's only on the back 3 Windows
driver, passenger, and visor for me is illegal. My sister and her fiancé have been rolling around in their terrain and Yukon with 5% tint for the last year and a half never pulled over... Cops here have more important things to worry about around here right now. But highway patrol on a bad day would get me no doubt.
Haha nice, Tennessee cops are very, very bored. The state troopers don't mess with you unless you have out of state tags. And local police are generally focused on harassing the youth, they usually only get you for things like lights and illegal traffic maneuvers but if you do get pulled over, which is kind of likely, they will ask you about the tint. And if you don't have the proof it's legal, they will order it to be removed. On the plus side, the flow of traffic on the interstates around here around here is 80 MPH so unless you're doing 85+ you won't get pulled for speeding.

·
2,170 Posts
*Drooling* Looks great!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts