Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Mick 
#1 ·
hi all, i am new to this and i am trying to get as much information before i make a decision. i am trying to modify my 2011 chevy cruze LT, and i am looking for ideas. i want to make it faster, higher boost, but still have it be able to have some gas mileage. any help/knowledge would be appreciated. things such as; how to tune, what to use to tune, what turbo to use, how to tune the turbo, and other things to make it faster aswell as efficient.

#2 ·
Trifecta tune will be your best bang for the buck. BadNewsRacing.net sells them.

#5 · (Edited)
Vermont has a modified turbo as well as a tune. I've seen quite a few Vermont tuned sigs but only seen 1 turbo but in classifieds for sale. Seems like most if us that are tuned don't have it in the sigs.

Tune after I reset the ECU was rather night and day. ECO sorta resembled the stock tune but with better throttle response. 1st thing I will say do is swap plugs if it's a 2011 and ask what gas octane are you comfortable paying for?

Sent from my iFail 5s

#9 ·
ive looked at everything on badnewsracing.net, they all look fantastic. i am just wondering what the gains would be? like are there more gains to it than just the power and the torque? i am looking to try to do the trifecta tune with the snow performance injectors and the K+N intake. granted it is going to take a while before i can truly start affording them, but what would the gain be? what did you do for your car?

#11 ·
Trifecta or Vtuner for tune, BNR and ZZP make downpipes, ZZP makes the midpipe, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Borla, ZZP, etc. all make cat-backs, you can find larger injectors and different bypass valves at BNR and other places, Vtuner and BNR sell meth kits, Vtuner has a turbo upgrade, CX Racing and ZZP make intercoolers and Trifecta can tune for E85.

#13 ·
another quick question for y'all. with the intake and the tune, if i put a ram air hood on my car, will it make the engine run lean? or will it just decrease the gas mileage because the MAF sensor is sensing a lot of air and matches it with fuel? any advice or anything that can help me make the decision. i do want more power and torque as well as better gas mileage.

#14 ·
Putting an intake on doesn't do much but make noise for this car. The biggest jump in power and money ratio will be a tune. You can throw parts on and the car will try to "cancel them out" till you get a tune. Ram air hood won't do much "performance wise" unless it allows water to get onto the exposed short ram intake air filter and cause issues till it dries up.

#15 ·
so if wanted to put one on, it wouldn't make much of a difference for it? i am just trying to get as much information as i can before i make a decision and start to put things on. I'm definitely going to do the bad news racing stage one for cruse which is the tune and an intake, then maybe some body work, and definitely headlights, fog lights and tail lights. i mostly want it to be fast with a lot of hp, but still maintain the fuel economy (i need to keep this car through medical school lol). then an exhaust, then maybe after that do injectors or some suspension. what body work would be beneficial but still looks good? I'm fairly new to this but I've heard a lot of good things about tuning a cruze.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.