Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post on here where somebody modified their third brake light to say "cruze".. I kinda liked it, but did it a little different. For all the chiving cruzers out there... Red Light Automotive lighting Text Neon

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
What does it take to do this? Removal of the light from the back window? Care to do a write up?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like CRIVE ON because of the angle... But it's clear CHIVE ON if you're in a car behind me.

Removal of the light is simple there are 2 torx15 screws in the trunk, one on either side of the interior light. Take those out and the light housing slides out easy. Then remove the grey locking tab from the wire harness... Unclip the wires and it's out.

All I did was cover the red lens with electrical tape.. Print out my template and carefully cut out the letters.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Billy you don't have to take out the back window at all.

Reactions: iTz SADISTIK

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I wanna put the batman symbol on mine, but don't want to take out the window. Any other way?

I'm pretty sure the back window remains in place and you remove some bolts from the trunk side of the rear deck to remove the actual brake light housing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scroll up... I explained how it all comes out

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I saw a post on here where somebody modified their third brake light to say "cruze".. I kinda liked it, but did it a little different. For all the chiving cruzers out there... View attachment 101737
Now that's KOOL:th_coolio:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers, thanks poodok

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can still completely remove it. It's only electrical tape.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol ahhhh gotcha. I think it would take more to mask it all out and plasti-dip it then it took me to do it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts