Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
"During the month of January, Chevrolet Cruze sales jumped 38.9 percent, but 2016 saw overall sales fall 16.6 percent."

I have to wonder how many buyers were waiting for the 2ndGen Cruze? Or, perhaps confused by the 2016 Limited/2016.5 stuff.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,203 Posts
"During the month of January, Chevrolet Cruze sales jumped 38.9 percent, but 2016 saw overall sales fall 16.6 percent."

I have to wonder how many buyers were waiting for the 2ndGen Cruze? Or, perhaps confused by the 2016 Limited/2016.5 stuff.
:th_alc:

They delayed it way too long. IMO, the 2016 Limited never should have existed. And they can still be found on lots all over my area.

They also put a lot of cash on the hoods in the later part of the year to move inventory out to get the 2017 models on lots.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While lower gas prices have had an effect on small car sales, some brands were not impacted as much as the Cruze. I also think the "Limited" model did more harm than good. I think it confused buyers and they waited or fled. I look at the first Gen. and second Gen. Cruze much like the first and second gen. Corvair. By the time the completely redesigned new model came out the brand name was tarnished and gas prices back then were a non-issue. On the bright side, I saw my first Cruze hatch on the street yesterday (in my own neighborhood).

Reactions: sparkman

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
The diesel could be a hit but need them on the lot. I have a friend that is the process of turning his VW TDI sportswagen in as I write this. I think if the equinox all wheel drive diesel had been out he would have bought one. Hope they decent supply of the Cruze diesel and advertise it this time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts