Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Yes. Last night industry bible the automotive news reported that the diesel hatchback will be offered with a six speed manual and a nine speed automatic.

Reactions: vwgtiglx

·
Registered
375 Posts
Finally GM wises up!!
Batey said that the diesel engine will be available across most Cruze models, including all of the hatchbacks, but said that it wouldn't be confined to the "Eco" badge it wore for the first generation

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,903 Posts

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Makes me glad I waited to buy ... might finally jump on the diesel train again (had a 1982 Pontiac Grand Prix with a 5.7L diesel) been away from it for too long!

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Makes me glad I waited to buy ... might finally jump on the diesel train again (had a 1982 Pontiac Grand Prix with a 5.7L diesel) been away from it for too long!
That's a car that I think we'd all be very eager to hear more about.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
The 2014 Cruze diesel came out in May of 2013 (when I bought mine). Seems like the 2018 will follow a similar release schedule (in 2017)

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
But with GM and their "infinite" wisdom, they'll probably still screw up the options packages and force you to get an automatic transmission and other unwanted specs when all you really want is a Navigation radio, and a manual transmission ... instead of having to get a sunroof to get the better stereo, or front and rear collision avoidance to get just one thing you want ... not all the extra stuff. Oh, how I miss the days when you could go down the options list to pick and choose what you wanted on the care you were having built for yourself.

Reactions: oilburner

·
Premium Member
5,903 Posts
But with GM and their "infinite" wisdom, they'll probably still screw up the options packages and force you to get an automatic transmission and other unwanted specs when all you really want is a Navigation radio, and a manual transmission ... instead of having to get a sunroof to get the better stereo, or front and rear collision avoidance to get just one thing you want ... not all the extra stuff. Oh, how I miss the days when you could go down the options list to pick and choose what you wanted on the care you were having built for yourself.
That's any auto manufacturer, attempting "complexity reduction".

That said - the only trim the sunroof is available on is the Premiere - so, yep, you're forced into an automatic if you wanted a sunroof. And the upgraded stereo.

I think that since MyLink has Android Auto, you can use your phone for navigation, "mirrored" onto the screen.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an 16 LT with a sunroof because of the sun and sound package so yes you can have a manual with sunroof if you so desire. But you will have to get the RS as that is the only way to have a manual on an LT

·
Premium Member
5,903 Posts
I have an 16 LT with a sunroof because of the sun and sound package so yes you can have a manual with sunroof if you so desire. But you will have to get the RS as that is the only way to have a manual on an LT
Does not appear to be the case for 2017. Only on the LT automatic and Premier, can you get the Sun and Sound package.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That appears to be the case. I thought that an LT would receive the same treatment all around. It's probably the same for 16 except I just was not looking for an MT

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
That appears to be the case. I thought that an LT would receive the same treatment all around. It's probably the same for 16 except I just was not looking for an MT
Yup, can't get a manual with a sunroof, but can get an automatic LT with one. In fact, the manual comes with very few available options, probably because they build so few.

Annoying, to say the least.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I guess we won't know what's what as far as options go until they release it (the diesel). I'd like the Bose as a standalone option on a lower trim level.

·
2,170 Posts
I'm just pumped that I'll have the option to buy a manual at all, especially for their turbo diesel car which won't sell nearly as well as the gas powered brothers. I can always add an aftermarket navigation radio (the sunroof is kind of a bummer but I'm a cheapskate anyway) Everyone else keeps telling me "let it go man, soon manuals will disappear all together" But I REFUSE! The day manuals stop being offered in new vehicles is the day I start buying used vehicles only.

Reactions: spaycace

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Any details on the 9-speed automatic that will come with the diesel?

That's a lot of shifting.
According to the latest 2017 GM Powertrain Products document, it will be the new 9T50

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
According to the latest 2017 GM Powertrain Products document, it will be the new 9T50
That seems interesting to me, I wonder if the 9T50 will fit where the 6T45 is on my 2012 Australian diesel, when the transmission is due for replacement? So far it has been faultless but everything wears out eventually.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts