Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my car I have already taking out the resonator and muffler is there anything I can do without changing or modifying the factory catalytic converter to get more turbo noise from the exhaust. I.e. Shortening the distance from the cat to the exit of the exhaust adding, a glasspack, flow through, or Turbo muffler

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
The exaust vane (pinwheel) and manifold outlet at that point are just over one inch in diameter.......not much audible 'Zing' to work with on this one.

On the inlet side you can get past some of the sound attenuation by changing the intake path and a open airbox with a cone filter....thats about the only area I think you will get a 'its a turbo' sound difference.

Rob

·
Registered
206 Posts
Your only options are either a cone filter, a bigger turbo, or modify your cats. I gutted the one that doesn't have a sensor by it and I'll be replacing my downpipe with a catless one soon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have a Sri. So fabed up a side exit just before the rear tire and that 3' made a world of difference

·
Registered
271 Posts
My exhaust consists of the ZZP down, ZZP midpipe with race convertor, factory resonator, and the muffler deleted. I get lots of turbo spooling and noise. Sounds really good.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the stock airbox, still. I'll probably get a front-mount and cai/sri sometime over the summer. My exhaust is stock except for the second cat is gutted and the muffler is deleted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts