Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Morimoto H& HID Install

4451 10
Need a little help here.
I swapped out my factory headlights with WinJet Projectors and just installed Morimoto H7 HIDs in my car.

Currently everything is run through the factory harnesses and wiring. The kit came with a heavy duty relay and wiring harness and most of it is pretty simple to install, but I can't find the OEM input that turns on and off the relays. Please see the photo. Has anybody installed one of these HID kits?
Diagram Line Parallel

Thanks
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Itd be plug into your drivers power wire for the low beam. The harness will replace the plugs your currently using. Un plug it from the ballast and plug the pin into the power and tape everything off. Run your harness and plug your plugs from the new harness into the ballasts. Tape the passenger plug off aswell as to not get any water/debris in it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Rockhead, did you buy the H7 Morimoto elite HID kid with the H7 relay harness that matched the headlight or did you buy the H13 harness that matches the car?
I think your problem might be the harness and that it is for the H7 bulb and not the H13 OEM headlight socket which is used as the factory input from your diagram.
I have the H13 kit and it uses a motocontrol box, not the HD relay hit the you seem to have.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Rockhead, did you buy the H7 Morimoto elite HID kid with the H7 relay harness that matched the headlight or did you buy the H13 harness that matches the car?
I think your problem might be the harness and that it is for the H7 bulb and not the H13 OEM headlight socket which is used as the factory input from your diagram.
I have the H13 kit and it uses a motocontrol box, not the HD relay hit the you seem to have.

Hey Joewatson86,
I did buy the H7 HID kit, the Winjet headlights are a dual bulb set up. In the middle of the night last night I figured out the OEM input issue. In my over-joyed state, I installed the headlights and ballasts and plugged the OEM input into the ballast, which is not technically wrong, the headlights work fine, but the OEM input was not designed to power the ballasts. Problem solved.

Once I get some time next weekend, I will rerun the wiring and get some photos with an install write-up.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Is the cutoff good?

·
Premium Member
24,131 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Itd be plug into your drivers power wire for the low beam. The harness will replace the plugs your currently using. Un plug it from the ballast and plug the pin into the power and tape everything off. Run your harness and plug your plugs from the new harness into the ballasts. Tape the passenger plug off aswell as to not get any water/debris in it.
thanks for your information

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.