Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Most fuel efficient A/C use?

7189 Views 24 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  snowwy66
Anyone know what the most fuel efficient way to use the A/C in a first gen Cruze?

I've read blogs saying Max A/C setting (recirculate) is actually more efficient than the regular A/C setting, which was news to me but made sense when explained. Does the Cruze mix hot air from the heater core when the A/C is on and temp control dial is anywhere other than coldest setting? I know different types of cars use different ways to do that, but that way would be the most in-efficient.

When I drive alone I only use A/C when needed, and turn off when accelerating or going up hills. When it starts cooling me off enough I switch it off (press button, keep vent going) then when I warm back up I switch it back on and basically manually cycle it as needed.

Anyone have more fuel efficient ways to operate it from a hypermiler's perspective?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Sense on the lines of A/C I find no need to creat a new post.. I have noticed my A/C is running quite frequently when I have my controls set to defrost. I know this is normal but would it be recommended to unplug the compressor during colder weather we’re A/C is not actually required. To help offset some of the weather fuel mileage drops? No matter if controls are set to the hottest setting or not on defrost it cycles.
If something is operating as normal I can't see how it would be "recommended" to unplug:sleep:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.