Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving the other night and stopped at the store. When I go back into the car I forgot that I had parked right infront of one of those blocks of cement. Anyway you guessed it, I drove over it with my two front wheels only. Funny part is the front bumper or air dam (black lip under bumper) sinter even contact the block. Was there a chance that anything was hit underneath the car? I'm on stock wheels and stock height. The parking block was a average sized one.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
You're probably fine. The plastics usually hit first, so if you didnt hit that, it's unlikely that you hit anything else.

That said, you should get under the car and make sure it all looks ok.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, Cruze even has lower ground clearance than my 88 Supra, had to buy new low profile oil changing ramps. Really have to watch where I am driving this thing.

Can also wonder who designs these parking lots with all kinds of obstructions. With no snow on the ground can see tire and body paint marks all over the ground. With snow on the ground, even have to be extra careful pulling in or backing out at 0.001 mph.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Looks for "leaks" (oil and/or coolant)...if you DON'T see any, you're PROBABLY OK. However, I would get the car up on a hoist and LOOK for any mechanical damage that might have occurred (remember, aluminum is EASY to break).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts