Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,610 Posts
Video? A little help pinpointing the part of the motor it's coming from...?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ain't going to lie for some reason my car lost all its oil driving down I-75 one day I didn't blow the motor I didn't have any smoke or anything come to find out my engine was tapping so come to find out I had for bad lifters and had to replace all 16 I even replace the serpentine belt belt tensioner knock sensor water pump timing chain guider and adjuster can you put fresh oil in a brand new oil filter and put a brand new crankshaft pulley on and seal went to go Crank It Up yesterday it's been sitting for a week the engine stop tapping the natural driving for awhile the tapping only happens in Reverse now and I don't know why but when you put it in drive it runs quite like it normally does so I'm still trying to figure out why mine's still tapping but it sounds like it's coming from the top of the engine where the crankcase is mechanic shops are in great shape timing chains in great shape it still drives good it's got excellent oil pressure just got to figure out where that tapping is coming from you have any ideas let me the odd thing is when it half day goes faster when you rev the engine when you go down the road doing 45-50 you can barely hear the tapping this was before I replace all these parts **** you let go the gas while you're idling rolling down the road the tapping stops then it comes back once you're just sitting and idling the tapping never got louder or anything but I'm getting that p0324 code saying not control system are I was told that might be the knocking sensor but I'm replacing the anyway to sing I hope it's not something like bottom end work cuz I've already had a brand new head gasket everything put on only due to the fact I had to crank head off in the first place so is recommend just to go ahead and change it but all my RPMs and everything are great don't see any difference in those any shift problems or nothing like that just have loss of power at that time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts