Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a year and a half ago I had some wiring in my Cruze get munched on by rodents. The result was one dead turn signal and windshield washer. Yesterday, I noticed that my windshield washer was barely pumping though I could hear the motor running, and one of the side marker lights was out. Went to change the side marker on my lunch break and found this:
Technology Electronic device Gadget

Not sure if this is new damage, or if the same mice that snacked on my turn signal did this and it took a while for all the copper strands to break. I looked at AC Delco's pigtail catalog, discovered that part # PT2675 is the correct one and of all places, Amazon.com had it in stock. Looking a bit further it appears Amazon has most of AC Delco's pigtails available, most with Prime shipping. This looks like it'll be a lot less of a pain to replace than the turn signal I had to do last year, thanks XtremeAaron for posting detailed instructions on how to get to this bulb through the inner fender.

As for the washer, as of this morning I hear nothing but a relay click when I attempt to run the pump so I'm thinking water may have gotten into the pump and froze up (It was 7 degrees Fahrenheit outside this morning). So far I can't see any damage to the washer wiring. I ordered a replacement pump since it was only $11 for an OEM GM part and I was paying for 1 day shipping on the pigtail anyhow. I always use the orange Rain-X stuff, rated to -25 F, but the dealer might have filled it with the cheap blue stuff or the alcohol evaporated out since I don't have to fill the reservoir very often.

·
Registered
246 Posts
So, a year and a half ago I had some wiring in my Cruze get munched on by rodents. The result was one dead turn signal and windshield washer. Yesterday, I noticed that my windshield washer was barely pumping though I could hear the motor running, and one of the side marker lights was out. Went to change the side marker on my lunch break and found this:
View attachment 175050

Not sure if this is new damage, or if the same mice that snacked on my turn signal did this and it took a while for all the copper strands to break. I looked at AC Delco's pigtail catalog, discovered that part # PT2675 is the correct one and of all places, Amazon.com had it in stock. Looking a bit further it appears Amazon has most of AC Delco's pigtails available, most with Prime shipping. This looks like it'll be a lot less of a pain to replace than the turn signal I had to do last year, thanks XtremeAaron for posting detailed instructions on how to get to this bulb through the inner fender.

As for the washer, as of this morning I hear nothing but a relay click when I attempt to run the pump so I'm thinking water may have gotten into the pump and froze up (It was 7 degrees Fahrenheit outside this morning). So far I can't see any damage to the washer wiring. I ordered a replacement pump since it was only $11 for an OEM GM part and I was paying for 1 day shipping on the pigtail anyhow. I always use the orange Rain-X stuff, rated to -25 F, but the dealer might have filled it with the cheap blue stuff or the alcohol evaporated out since I don't have to fill the reservoir very often.
Did you check your auto insurer? Typically, they will cover this under COMP subject to your deductible. COMP covers everything other than collision, such as fire, theft, wind, hail, flood, animal damage etc. That's why they use the term "Comprehensive."

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$500 deductible, less than $40 in parts (less than $60 if you throw in the pigtail I had to buy in 2014) to fix. I just hope the washer issue is the pump and/or ice, and not the wiring. Fixing those wires was a wretched nightmare due to them being 'conveniently' located behind the driver's side headlamp housing, which requires you to pull the front grille to get out, and even then it's a tight space.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Odds are the pump is just frozen......gotta get ya some of that -20f stuff.

Rob
You were exactly right. it got back above freezing this afternoon and the pump started working again. The bottle already had at least 2/3 of a gallon of -20F fluid that I added when I first thought it was just empty, I sprayed it several times to hopefully get the rest of the water out and topped it back off with the good stuff. Now I just need that wiring pigtail for the marker light and I should be able to pass inspection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts