Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members, just bought a 2011 Chevy Cruze LT, with beautiful leather seats. I bought it from an American gentleman who gave me a reasonable prize. Car is in very good shape except that it has been doing poor mileage per gallon of fuel. I understand that previous owner doodled with his laptop and of knows what software to make adjustments to vehicle. Can someone help me to find out why am I getting so poor mileage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car is running smoothly. it has only 38,000 miles on it. My concern is that the previous owner was plugging some type of program to adjust turbocharger to save gas on longer trips. is this possible? Could it be that there was some type of adjustment made to the turbocharger that is making the car use more fuel than it would normally should?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car is reading 10.2 lts/100kms. the car is mostly used in the city with no long trips. I am concerned that the previous owner may have programed the vehicle in some sort of way that is affecting the fuel consumption. I know previous owner used to plug his Laptop to the car and did stuff, but I don't know what he could have done.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Car is reading 10.2 lts/100kms.
That's 23 MPG. Depending on your "city" driving, that's not that bad. I get about 20, but that's with "a stop every couple of blocks" type of city driving. If you look at the EPA's idea of "city", it's not everyone's ides of "city" driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info. just one quick question: should I be concerned about the changes that the previous owner could have done to the Turbocharger? is it at all possible that he could have made modifications that could set the vehicle to use more fuel?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
thanks for the info. just one quick question: should I be concerned about the changes that the previous owner could have done to the Turbocharger? is it at all possible that he could have made modifications that could set the vehicle to use more fuel?
Can you contact the previous owner to get details?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts