Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought for $53 (yes you read that right) this 2012 1.4 ltz RS auto with 98,300ish. Bad head, intake, turbo, and valve cover. Besides that immaculately clean. Fully loaded. Window sticker in glove box said $27,425.
20191206_213451.jpg

Rebuilt head, new dorman intake, valve cover, and turbo. New timing chain set. My own pcv check valve fix. And only modification is a new aftermarket intercooler.

I've been averaging on highway 58-60mph the display steadies at 46-48mpg.
VideoCapture_20191206-210528.jpg

Good? Is it accurate? I reset it and it consistently calculates back up to those #'s.

In town 27mpg stop and go traffic. 36-38mpg @ 40mph.

Window sticker still in glove box said 26 city and 38 highway.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Say what you will about the CRUZE, it can get amazing mileage. I am seeing 44 MPG Highway, the MPG's are getting better as the Car ages! You win an award by the way for Best Price CRUZE ever. How did that happen, $53?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Say what you will about the CRUZE, it can get amazing mileage. I am seeing 44 MPG Highway, the MPG's are getting better as the Car ages! You win an award by the way for Best Price CRUZE ever. How did that happen, $53?
Well that's a bit of a story. But abridged version:

One person owned it and didn't take care of it and damaged engine and other components. They donated it to a family with a new teen driver. New owner asked me to see what it would take. I explained likely a new engine, etc $3,000+ est? They said do diagnostics to confirm if it was anything cheaper and said ok on $3g if need be. I got the head pulled off and they called 3 days later and said never mind and to stop work they decided not to put anything into it. They said they'd pay diagnostics but asked if I would take it for cost of diagnostics and work already performed.

They brought me the title. I asked them what they paid to have the title transferred from previous owner, they said $53.

Yes I spent money to fix it but bought it for $53 clean title.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts