Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its time to get rid of the factory antenna on your 2011+ Chevrolet Cruze!

We have designed a shorty antenna that installs within seconds, and gives your Cruze a more sporty look. Its 6 inches in length.

Construction This antenna is made in the USA and constructed from billet aluminum and stainless steel. After its produced, its powdercoated for a glossy finish that will look good for years, and protect the antenna from the elements.

Radio Reception After installing the MPx shorty antenna, FM reception is barely changed, if any. XM satellite radio if your Cruze came equipped with it is unchanged because the antenna for XM is built into the base, not the antenna. AM reception can be affected, but most people rarely ever listen to AM.
Cost to ship We ship these by USPS first class mail in a padded mailer. Shipping is $3 anywhere in the USA.

Link for more information and more photos:
MPx Shorty Antenna 11+ Chevrolet Cruze - 11+ Cruze

·
Supporting Vendor
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Shawn- sorry I think I mixed up my notes. Its been a while since we had our original antenna in our hands.
The MPx shorty antenna is 6 inches in overall length.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Yeah I like the looks but mine only appears to be about 8" long at most? Just looking for clarification

·
Supporting Vendor
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My thoughts exactly...looks like a nice product and not bad for $20, but still doesn't really look any better than the stock one to me.
The factory antenna is FAR better than most other cars, however we think the MPx shorty antenna is an improvement over the factory antenna.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
The stock antenna stinks for areas with marginal radio reception. Around me our Honda will consistently pull in distant stations much better than the Chevy. I can't pull in stations more than 10-15 miles away, while that car can pull in some powerful stations 50 miles away. If I didn't want the sharkfin for the looks, I'd be all over this one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts