Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At one point I tried the Meguiars NXT wax. That was a huge mistake because it didn't last very long, and I got a little bit on the plastic around the mirrors and it left ugly white spots on the plastic. I tried everything to clean it, but seems to be impossible to remove from plastic.

Someone told me to try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. The magic eraser is just a white sponge that you get wet. It worked perfectly. It removed all of the wax and now my plastic looks beautiful again.

Now I only use the 3M synthetic wax because it doesn't put white spots on the plastic, and it seems to last forever.

Just thought I would share in case anyone has the wax on the plastic problem.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3M for the interior? Been looking for a good interior protector.
That is a good question. I don't know if the 3M Synthetic Wax would be good on the interior or not. I put it on all of my exterior plastic and it looks like I put Back to Black or Armor All on it, and it stays that way.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I had never heard of the Magic Eraser before, so I looked it up on Wikipedia. It is made out of something called Melamine Foam. I can imagine a lot of detailing uses for this.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Good find! It seems there are endless uses for a magic eraser. I need to do all my trim, it's covered in white from when I polished it. The sunroof seal looks the worst.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.