Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
201 - 220 of 269 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,691 Posts
I have been watching the price on and off at HF on the low profile 2-ton jacks, but they never seem to go on sale, at least the ones I think I want. Do you have a Pittsburgh or Daytona jack? What is the height of the cup?
Pittsburgh for both the two 1.5 tons and the 3 ton.

I see them on sale all the time. I think I paid $59.99 for the 1.5-ton and $99.99 for the 3-ton last year (they had a really good sale for leap day). I do tend to see both at similar prices often.

Looks like they've gone up in base price since I bought them. Used to be $79.99 and $99.99.

3.5" for the 1.5-ton and actually 3.125" for the 3-ton.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
I won't go that low again.. my honda was on the ground like that.. And as @MP81 knows Michigan roads suck.... I lost count of how many times I bottomed that honda out on my drive home from work.. couple of points in particular are nasty. The rear is still sitting a lot higher than I thought it was . The front is pretty close to as low as I want to go. I've already rubbedd the nose on my own driveway as well as a few other places. And already noted bbn I have to be wary of parking blocks as I would destroy the nose if I attempt to park the nose over one...

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Ohhh yes...you know, with how low my Cobalt is (and it was a good solid half an inch, at least, closer to the ground on my 195/60R15 all seasons, versus my 225/40R18 summer tires), I'm surprised I never had an issue the number of winters I drove it lowered.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,758 Posts
Ohhh yes...you know, with how low my Cobalt is (and it was a good solid half an inch, at least, closer to the ground on my 195/60R15 all seasons, versus my 225/40R18 summer tires), I'm surprised I never had an issue the number of winters I drove it lowered.

View attachment 293119
I ran 225/40R18 in the summer and 205/65R15 in the winter to avoid that problem.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
The honda's frame / side skirts were 3 inches from the ground..... Not something I would do again.. I had my exhaust clamps flipped sideways but aways seemed to catch the flange of the exhaust near the rear wheels .. I set the rear exhaust system with a slip fit pipe so when it got pulled loose it sprung back to its home or close enough all I had to do is get it high enough to reach under and pop it back into place...

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I ran 225/40R18 in the summer and 205/65R15 in the winter to avoid that problem.
I just ran the factory size, never ran into a problem, even through heavy snow...somehow...on UHP All-seasons. Didn't know the wonders of winter tires at that point in time, but I also ran the all-seasons in summer too, didn't get the 18s until 2014.

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
175 Posts
Low cars are fun aren’t they…. Lol about a finger width from the ground

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I think that's what helped with the Cobalt in winter: I do not run the SS front fascia or side skirts.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Finally got the pressure sensor boss welded onto the charge pipe .. Have some trimming to do because I cut the thing a bit on the huge side .. I have one project on my plate for this weekend on the lathe so once I get that done I'll work on trimming my pipe. and with any luck get to do some install work this weekend as im off until Tuesday

·
Super Moderator
3,758 Posts
Finally got the pressure sensor boss welded onto the charge pipe .. Have some trimming to do because I cut the thing a bit on the huge side .. I have one project on my plate for this weekend on the lathe so once I get that done I'll work on trimming my pipe. and with any luck get to do some install work this weekend as im off until Tuesday
I forgot you had a custom Intercooler setup.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 · (Edited)
In hindsight it would have been easier to just buy the ZZP one.. But since I'm doing the doing the piping myself I can route the charge a little better and it will be ble to be removed for doing oil changes and I'm using 2.5 inch piping which should compliment the 65mm Throttle body

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Bushings almost done. I'll sit down with my pipe and some.bits at home. Didn't have proper clamps for the small mill.

Reactions: Blasirl and JLL

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,496 Posts
In hindsight it would have been easier to just buy the ZZP one.. But since I'm doing the doing the piping myself I can route the charge a little better and it will be ble to be removed for doing oil changes and I'm using 2.5 inch piping which should compliment the 65mm Throttle body

View attachment 293166
That looks a lot bigger than the zzp too.

·
Super Moderator
3,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,496 Posts
Reactions: Blasirl

·
Super Moderator
3,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,496 Posts
This is ZZP's (below the bumper support):

It's thick but short.

View attachment 293174
Hmm I would think wider is better, not sure about thickness… Maybe it holds the aluminum cooler longer being thick? Not sure.

·
Super Moderator
3,758 Posts
Hmm I would think wider is better, not sure about thickness… Maybe it holds the aluminum cooler longer being thick? Not sure.
ZZP'S is wider than stock. The stock Intercooler has plastic on the sides and is narrower than the condenser that you see in the picture.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Lol ok I'll be honest I do t actually think this old intercooler I had for the station is going in. I just thought I'd get a pic of it in front of the car. I dont think I could.mounr this one without removing the bumper support. I have one with a similar core to the zzp I am planning on using 2.5 pipe all the way . Up from 2.25 that zzp uses. Lmao and as far as parts fab I'll will try to help out with anything I think I can tackle. Aluminum welding I had to pay to have done. I will be reworking that charge pipe at some point but this gets me to the point I can finally bolt in the intercooler which means I can get the turbo and injectors in as well.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,685 Posts
I'll have to remember to keep you away from my pipe, it's short enough!:LOL:

201 - 220 of 269 Posts