Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
241 - 260 of 269 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
I'll be honest it would be easier to buy an injen. But
3 inch carbon fiber pipe was about 75 to 80 dollars. 3 inch 90 degree connector 50. I bought 2 different carbon fiber panels as originally I was going to build an enclosure over the port where a CAI drops in but opted for a different route. I'm using one of then panels as the holder over that port for the lower portion with a larger zzp filter. I'll try and lay everything out once I'm done with it for sure. And after I file my patent. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,496 Posts
I'll be honest it would be easier to buy an injen. But
3 inch carbon fiber pipe was about 75 to 80 dollars. 3 inch 90 degree connector 50. I bought 2 different carbon fiber panels as originally I was going to build an enclosure over the port where a CAI drops in but opted for a different route. I'm using one of then panels as the holder over that port for the lower portion with a larger zzp filter. I'll try and lay everything out once I'm done with it for sure. And after I file my patent. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Sorry, I meant the brakes.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
OHHHHHHHHHH lol um yeah pretty sure im under 400..
$70 for a pair of calipers and brackets <debated getting the powder coated ones but that would have been well over the 400>,
$50 For pads
$50 for Dust shields
$85 For Rotors
$15 for the drill bit I didnt have <one of few>
$?? Caliper Bolts I seem to forget about this part.. Hopefully I'll find what I need before Friday.

Current total $270. Though this is only the fronts. I havent decided if Im pad slapping the rear or replaceing pads and rotors

Reactions: Thebigzeus

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,496 Posts
OHHHHHHHHHH lol um yeah pretty sure im under 400..
$70 for a pair of calipers and brackets <debated getting the powder coated ones but that would have been well over the 400>,
$50 For pads
$50 for Dust shields
$85 For Rotors
$15 for the drill bit I didnt have <one of few>
$?? Caliper Bolts I seem to forget about this part.. Hopefully I'll find what I need before Friday.

Current total $270. Though this is only the fronts. I havent decided if Im pad slapping the rear or replaceing pads and rotors
Nice, mine seem to fade under hard braking, thinking of pricing this out and doing it.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Thats why im doing it lol.. ive noticed it a lot since the day I got the car.. I end up in traffic a lot and seem to have to apply more pressure than necessary to slow down and then it finally starts to have effect by which point its more of a sudden stop ...

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
now wishing I would have seen this before I bought my parts....

Encore set

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,757 Posts
now wishing I would have seen this before I bought my parts....

Encore set
Oh Pat....

Live and learn buddy.

You know, ZZP has a 12" brake kit for $399.

They have an even bigger 12.6" kit for $499.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Except I dont want the redrilled rotors that I have to get remade whenever I need a set. And although the dual piston set up sounds good I'm familiar with the issues on those calipers.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,496 Posts
Except I dont want the redrilled rotors that I have to get remade whenever I need a set. And although the dual piston set up sounds good I'm familiar with the issues on those calipers.
You'll likely never need new rotors for the rest of the life of the car though.

·
Super Moderator
3,757 Posts
You'll likely never need new rotors for the rest of the life of the car though.
Drilled rotors do have a tendency to eat brake pads though with the increased friction forces.

• Haha

·
Super Moderator
3,757 Posts
I see. I didn't notice they were drilled rotors.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,496 Posts
Drilled rotors do have a tendency to eat brake pads though with the increased friction forces.
Yes, but I said rotors not pads ;)

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,681 Posts
Re-drilled from 5x110 to 5x105 or as in drilled and slotted -
I'm confused

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Re-drilled from 5x110 to 5x105 or as in drilled and slotted -
I'm confused

The zzp.ones are redrilled for the cruze lug pattern. Drilled and slotted references the rotor faces themselves.... and yeah I was able to stay under 400 with an encore setup. No one said anything about an upgraded version of the setup with powder coated calipers and drilled rotor faces.. the link I put up.. and still at 401.. lol grief over a buck :p

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
Updated the antennae. Apparently visual garage isn't that busy because I got mine in about a week.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,691 Posts
Looks good! Love the look of the shark fin on my Volt, but Christ the reception sucks with one.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
I dont seem to have any issues.

241 - 260 of 269 Posts