Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
261 - 280 of 290 Posts

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,126 Posts
I dont seem to have any issues.
Maybe it works better, but the ones on the Volts are notorious for **** reception. 90% of the time it's fine, but it can get noticeably crappy in certain spots...like where I back into next to my garage.

· COTM Winner
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
I've had issues with xm connecting but that's typically when the car is blocked in by a building or the car wash. And that was with the stock unit.

· COTM Winner
7,126 Posts
I've had issues with xm connecting but that's typically when the car is blocked in by a building or the car wash. And that was with the stock unit.
Yeah, Satellite radio is a whole different thing.

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
What sharkfin do you have on your volt??? Stock unit or aftermarket?

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
And with other projects that had to be done and weather I never got to put my brakes on. Also realized I forgot to buy a silicone 90 from the turbo to my intake pipe for this new intake.....

· COTM Winner
7,126 Posts
What sharkfin do you have on your volt??? Stock unit or aftermarket?
It's just the stock one. Everyone gets bad reception with it, but I so infrequently listen to the radio with mine, it's not a big deal. And if you're moving, it's not really an issue either.

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Getting closer..

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,181 Posts
Looks good! Love the look of the shark fin on my Volt, but Christ the reception sucks with one.
I had crappy reception before I installed mine. Still the same. About three stations in a station rich area since I bought it in 2014.

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
I havent noticed any issues yet
But spend most of the time on satellite.

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Finally got the Maf sensor holder done .. Still have to get it onto the pipe and finish the holder for the drop down.. Hopingto have enough time friday to drop that on and switch the brakes over.. and since neither @JLL or @Blasirl have instaled them yet I'm going to put the set of bushings I made in place of the whitelines.. and yeah im just giving you guys a hard time. '

Reactions: Blasirl

· The Nuclear Option
5,889 Posts
Finally got the Maf sensor holder done .. Still have to get it onto the pipe and finish the holder for the drop down.. Hopingto have enough time friday to drop that on and switch the brakes over.. and since neither @JLL or @Blasirl have instaled them yet I'm going to put the set of bushings I made in place of the whitelines.. and yeah im just giving you guys a hard time. '
Well, thank you Pat :LOL:

I actually forgot I wanted to get the rear bar in before I put the car back on the ground.
My cars been on jack stands since the first of the month. The weather isn't helping. This week isn't really block prepping weather.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,181 Posts
I have been more interested in getting her to run right first. I am still waiting on the front sway bar, and I still need to order tires. all of that will happen at the same time. At least I have the bushing ready to go!!

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Well it's been a bit since i did any updates.. waiting on a few clamps for the CAI and going to try and get this brake setup in this weekend

Reactions: MP81

· COTM Winner
7,126 Posts
I demand updates!

• Haha
Reactions: Mr_Pat and JLL

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
LMAO ok so apparently I wasn't notified of the demand for updates but here it is ...

Pistons, Rods, Rings Should be here tommorrow. I still need to order Timing set and bearings , Already have an uppper gasket set and ARP head studs Plan is to start tearing the motor down in car this coming weekend.. Lifes been throwing me curveballs and droppers left and right but I'm finally getting things together. Hopefully she be back on the road before the end of march.

Reactions: MP81 and JLL

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
So Finally getting something done on this pooer car, looking forward to having it back.. Stated the teardown yesterday and ran into an issue trying to get the oil pan off.... and the weather is not letting me go out to work on it today . Turbo, intake and valve cover off. all but 2 bolts out of the oil pan.... 2 vertically through the pan into the engine block i cant seem to get my socket onto. Ordered a new oil cooler since i have it torn down this far already have new components for everything else.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive air manifold Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Engineering

· The Nuclear Option
5,889 Posts
So Finally getting something done on this pooer car, looking forward to having it back.. Stated the teardown yesterday and ran into an issue trying to get the oil pan off.... and the weather is not letting me go out to work on it today . Turbo, intake and valve cover off. all but 2 bolts out of the oil pan.... 2 vertically through the pan into the engine block i cant seem to get my socket onto. Ordered a new oil cooler since i have it torn down this far already have new components for everything else.

View attachment 297639

View attachment 297640
For the 2 bolts deep in the oil pan, use a deep 8mm 1/4 drive socket with an extention.

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
For the 2 bolts deep in the oil pan, use a deep 8mm 1/4 drive socket with an extention.
standard 8 mm or the E8 ?? LMAO it took a while for me to figure out that I had missed 2 bolts there.... But on the lighter Side I had a half hour of sunlight to work with yet tonight so I hurried up and got the timing cover and chain off and pulled the head

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive air manifold Gas Machine
Automotive tire Automotive engine gasket Motor vehicle Gas Audio equipment

261 - 280 of 290 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.