Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a msd blaster coil pack and was wondering what plug gap should be ran with it?
I do believe the gap im running now is either .30 or .35
Was curious if the gap should be altered in any way?

·
Registered
2013 Chevy Sonic RS
59 Posts
I second @Thebigzeus and @Atstehley
I'm also running .28 with an aggressive tune as well. See how your car responds to copper spark plugs, it made a decent difference on my car.

Has anyone else had difficulty disconnecting the harness from the MSD coil pack? I try to undo the harness and its like REALLY on there. I just shove it out of the way if I'm doing plugs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the iridium plugs in it. Gap is set at .030 as of now. After replacing plugs and coil pack it still has that skip feeling as its accelerating. Any ides what could STILL be causing this hiccup?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been using .028" with the MSD Blaster and Trifecta tune with copper plugs for several months. No blowout at all throughout the entire range. Before, I was getting nasty blowout at any gap above .025".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine are gapped at .32 w/ the BKR7E's. All stock, besides the coil pack, & no tune. Have about 800 miles on the coil pack and I can feel a very slight stutter in rpms while going uphill around 2200-3300rpm. Probably gonna go down to .30 on gap this weekend.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm putting in the 7E's with a bnr tune this weekend curious to see what the stock plugs check after they are pulled. I've had 0 issues but I also drive mainly below 3k 99% of the time. FYI .028 is listed as factory gap on most auto parts websites when you go buy plugs. I'm going with .025 measured with precision shim stock.

Reactions: Gotta_Go_Fast
1 - 18 of 18 Posts