Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

So i've installed some LED daytime lights on my cruze and since they give of a 4000-5000K light output they don't quite match the led's at night. Infact it looks rather tacky with led's and normal halogen. After reading some reviews and posts on the net it seemed like MTEC super white was the only bulb to hunt for. Since i couldn't find them here i had to order them all the way from Germany, took me about a week to get them. Just recieved them today and had them installed in my garage. The light output is nowhere near as white as they show and claim on the net!

Since i don't like retrofitting HID kits in stock halogen reflectors and the fact that it's illegal even with projector headlights here around i had no other choice than to go with halogen bulbs. However you can't see any difference between the MTEC and the stock bulbs from the factory.

This is with OEM bulbs from the factory:

And here with the MTEC super white bulbs:

At last a picture from one of the resellers

This is obviously a scam. Anyone else ever had any experience with MTEC bulbs?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Dumb question - but in your photos were the DRLs on or the headlights? DRLs will tend to have a more yellow tint due to the lower voltage. However, with your headlights on (or high beams) these bulbs should produce a whiter light. I have no experience with MTEC as I only use Philips x-treme or crystal visions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is a European cruze, meaning that the stock DRL function is the dipped lowbeam as it would normally be while driving by night. I know the american model lowers the voltage to the bulb in drl use, but not this one. The LED drl's were supposed to replace my dipped lowbeam which i usually use in daylight but they're way to dim as i've posted in other posts so I've rewired them to run as park lights instead. They can't be seen like true OEM LED drls.

However, given the fact that it was getting dark when i took those pictures the car's ambient sensor would've switched over to true dipped beam instead of original drl :)

And i've used Philips x-treme before but those burned out so i swapped back to the OEM ones until i had the MTEC's. However those were just as yellowish as the stock one but they did provide a better light image of the road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also bought the MTEC Super White and was very dissapointed. The light output was so poor that I wasnt able to see at night and had to switch back to my OEM bulbs. Everything they claimed about their product is false. Its best to dish out xtra cash and get HID's. Getting it from a good vendor is key.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Headlight harness will make the bulbs whiter through physics. What kind of bulb does that Cruze run, a H4 bulb? Dual-relay harnesses are cheap and easy to get for H4 bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts