Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so ive been checking out all the threads and videos of the muffler delete and some with performance muffler etc. Im stuck, as in previous threads i wrote how i want a quite(ish) idle and a moderate to low sound when punched. Im trying to spend around 300 for a set up. IK IK IK borla borla borla... haha i wish i could afford it, really do. How does a cat back borla compare to a borla muffler (i cant find many good vids) sound wise? I was going to go with a muffler delete but im not sure if thats the sound im looking for (the sound quality isnt the best on the recordings i have found). So either a muffler delete or a performance muffler (borla, magnaflow, flowmaster, etc.) what type of muffler would suit me best as i cant 100% tell on the videos ive watched. Thanks fellas

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Ive always been a fan of performance mufflers. Deleting the muffler doesnt sound as good as the tone you could get from a good muffler.

I have a Magnaflow muffler, and I absolutely love my sound, as do many others.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Contest Manager
2,251 Posts
Why dont you just delete the muffler 1st, see how you like it and if you want a diffrent sound go from there.

Reguardless the stock muffler will be removed either way.

are you going to the cruze meet? if so im sure there will be acouple guys with aftermarket exhaust there. see with one you like.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Why not do the muffler delete and if its too loud or you don't like it throw a large high flow muffler on and your done. I wonder how a Turbo Muffler would sound on a Cruze? hmmm something like a dynomax super turbo or a cherry bomb turbo?

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
With all the things in the cruze exhaust (turbo, cat, cat, resonator, muffler) I suspect if you just removed the muffler it would give a nice tone without sounding loud/annoying.

Muffler is mounted sideways over the rear axle, seems any muffler shop could chop it off & make a new tail pipe that just goes over the axle for very cheap.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Why not do the muffler delete and if its too loud or you don't like it throw a large high flow muffler on and your done. I wonder how a Turbo Muffler would sound on a Cruze? hmmm something like a dynomax super turbo or a cherry bomb turbo?
I thought about a turbo mufflee too but didn't want to risk it so I went with high output mufflers but I still need the o2 housing I have deleted the resonator and I love my sound.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: Merc6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.