Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 ltz rs and i have a couple of questions about upgrades in the audio department. I'm not new to car audio but my last install was 12 or so years ago and things look a little different.

First, for the battery connections, what are you using? My battery has a large cover on the (+) side. I normally would use a car audio connector but I'm not sure that would work in this case. Im going to run 4 gauge power line to my amps.

Second, what is the best way to hook up an Audiocontrol lc6i? It will be in the trunk with the amps. Should I get a line converter like the pac aa gm 44 and run rca's to the lc6i or is there a better way?

I apologize if this info is already on this site. I have looked though the tutorials and alot of the audio posts. Thanks for any help

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
I ran a 4 guage to the trunk and at the battery + location I hooked into the empty 80 amp terminal that was empty with no lead coming from IT . The 1 on the extreme left side .. top left ... simple .. as for the LC6i .. I need a more discriptive plan of action .. are you seeking the signal source for input ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My fault on the lc6i, I got a little ahead of myself. Actually, the lc6i doesn't accept rca input, only line level. I originally planned on the lc6i being in the trunk next to the amps. This would mean I have to run all the speaker wire to the trunk (lc6i ), then rca's to the 4 channel amp, then run the speaker wire back to the front from the 4 channel amp in the trunk. It seems wrong to me but maybe not. Is there a better way to set this up? (The lc6i will also connect to a mono amp for the sub which is also in the trunk)

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
Yeah but I have't found IT ..............

I have a 5 channel amp , 2 din HU with 5 channel outs RCA sweet HU ..
Subs . Alpine component door speakers .. and component rear speakers . Inconclusion you will be stringing wires ..........
Tap into the speaker wires at the kick panel on the drivers side ..

Good Luck ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts