Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so here recently my 2013 Cruze has been dying everyday (pretty sure the battery is going bad). But the last time I jumped it the abs, airbag, power steering, e-brake, and traction control lights have all been on ever since. There was only one blown fuse and it was for the AOS system. Also my subs I have installed stopped working and I’m pretty sure it’s not grounded even though it’s hooked to the chassis. I’m figuring the negative wire for the battery shorted out? Any advice would be great. Oh and the traction control is not on even though I don’t turn it off and the steering does feel a bit more stiff when turning. I had oriellys test the computer and it said lost communication with anti lock brake system. Again any advice would be awesome.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When my battery was going out, I jumped it one morning and had all of the warning lights come on. I changed it the same day and it all cleared out. Its definitely from the low voltage. I would stick a new battery in it and make sure the terminal connections are secure. If the problem still persists, post up.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
At minimum, I'd reboot the car by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Just make sure the driver's door is closed when you reconnect.

Note that the Cruze has a ton of computers. Computers hate bad power. Bad battery = bad power. A few have commented that electrical gremlins disappeared after changing the battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I finally got a new battery and been running it for about 1k miles and nothing has changed. Starting to think it’s the BCM but I’m going to take it to a dealership and have it diagnosed before I start just replacing parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts